We moved into the #1905Cottage over the summer. Eventually I want to build garden boxes for a square foot garden, but this summer since I didn’t have time for that project, I planted tomatoes in the front planter area at the front of the cottage. And now all of the tomatoes are getting ripe. I love fresh tomatoes.
I also love fresh salsa! So if you are like me and have some end-of-the summer tomatoes coming on, you might want to make some Cowboy Salsa for your family and friends!
Here’s the easy recipe:
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 1 can shoepeg corn, drained (very sweet)
- 2-3 avacados
- 3-4 Limes (add the juice)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 medium red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up all ingredients except the lime into chunks. Add the lime juice and mix together.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- **Variation – add a can of black olives or black beans
- NOTE – “Shoe Peg Corn” can be hard to find but in utah, Walmart and Smiths have it in their canned corn section. Also if the salsa is a bit bitter, add a sprinkle of sugar over the top and mix it in.
Have a tasty day!
This looks delicious! My husband loves anything with corn so I’ll have to make this for him!