Pumpkin-Shaped Cheesy Pull Apart Bread. Halloween treats don’t have to be sweet. Make a batch of this cheesy pull apart bread as an appetizer or to have with spaghetti!
Pumpkin-Shaped Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
Hi, friends!! What do you prefer – sweet or savory treats? I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so when we were challenged with making a Halloween-themed snack, I went with savory! Your family will love this easy pull apart bread that is pumpkin shaped! It’s perfect for fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving!!
12 Homemade Halloween Treats
I am joining 11 blogging friends who are sharing their favorite Halloween treats! Be sure to scroll down to PIN all of the recipes! They are perfect for neighbor gifts and Halloween movie night!
The Easiest, Cheesiest Pull Apart Bread
Your kids are going to go crazy for this cheesy bread. It’s even better than breadsticks! You only need a few ingredients and it’s perfect on it’s own as an appetizer or make it along with spaghetti!
Save Time By Using Pre-Made Dough
Of course you can make up a batch of dough to make these pull apart rolls, or just pick up a package of Rhodes Rolls! They are in the frozen section of the store. When you are ready to make this recipe, simply take the frozen Rhodes rolls out of the freezer and let them thaw for 2-3 hours on your counter. OR take the package out of the freezer the night before and let them thaw out overnight in your fridge!
What Ingredients Are Needed to Make Cheesy Pull Apart Bread?
You only need a few ingredients to make these gooey, cheesy rolls with aa crusty outside and soft inside.
- Rhodes Frozen Rolls
- Parchment Paper
- 8 string cheese sticks (I used the whole milk string cheese to make this as cheesy as possible)
- 4 T. butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, herbs.
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Basil for the pumpkin leaves (if you want to make your bread pumpkin-shaped)
- Marinara sauce – for dipping
Cheesy Pull Apart Rolls Tips
Here are a few tips I learned while making this recipe.
- Use parchment paper instead of greasing your baking sheet.
- Take each uncooked roll and flatten it with your hands, put the piece of cheese in the middle and fold the edges over the cheese. Then roll it into a ball and place it seam-side on the baking sheet.
- Place each roll on the cookie sheet so each roll is barely touching the next roll.
- Take the rolls out after 16-18 minutes of baking at 400-degrees. You might want to turn the baking sheet about half way so the rolls are evenly cooked. My rolls in the middle were a little undercooked so I suggest cooking until they are all browned on the edges.
- I added garlic to my butter and then some additional herbs that you like.
Pumpkin-Shaped Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Recipe
Pumpkin-Shaped Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
Pumpkin-Shaped Cheesy Pull Apart Bread. Halloween treats don't have to be sweet. Make a batch of this cheesy pull apart bread as an appetizer or to have with spaghetti!
- 1 package Rhodes frozen rolls (30)
- 8 sticks string cheese, cut into 30 pieces
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cloves garlic
- herbs, to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
Unthaw the frozen rolls by taking them out of the freezer and letting thaw on the counter for 2 hours. Or take them out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
Line baking tray with parchment paper.
Take a roll, flatten it with your hand. Then insert a piece of string cheese inside and fold the edges over the cheese and roll into a ball.
Place the rolled dough ball on the parchment paper. Do the same steps for each roll and place them touching each other in a circle. Start at the edge and work your way inside until you have a circle shape of dough balls.
I also used the leftover dough to make a pumpkin stem. I put 1/2 string cheese stick inside the stem.
Put 1 egg in a small dish and add 1/4 cup water. Whisk to combine. Then use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the dough balls.
Put dough in oven at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes. Take them out when all rolls are browned on top. You might need to rotate the baking dish half way through.
Once dough is cooked, place rolls on serving dish. Add pumpkin stem.
Microwave butter, garlic, herbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Brush this over the top of the hot rolls.
Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top and serve while it's hot. Add a side of marinara or pesto sauce to dip. Enjoy!
Blogger’s Best Halloween Treats
- Blueberry Bat Pies | Paint Me Pink
- Monster Lime Margarita Float | My Sweet Savannah
- How to Easily Make Adorable Brownie Bats with Halloween Oreos | The Design Twins
- Hocus Pocus Snack Board | Modern Glam
- Halloween Monster Chocolate Candy Bark | Zevy Joy
- My Favorite Halloween Sugar Cookies | My 100 Year Old Home
- Spider Web Brownies | Jennifer Maune
- Pumpkin-Shaped Cheesy Pull Apart Bread | Tater Tots and Jello
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches | Happy Happy Nester
- Easy 3 Ingredient Oreo Balls Halloween Treat | Twelve on Main
- More Halloween Party Ideas
Here are a few more Halloween ideas!
Create a monster party with monster treats and a witches cauldron cake. Add edible googly eyes to food and containers for easy Halloween spookiness! I love this time of the year!
How to make spider donut Halloween party treats! Take donuts and donut holes, frost them and add eyes to make adorable spider treats that are SO good!
Have a Spooky Day!