Make a Romantic Summer Photo Backdrop Photo Booth
Create a simple Romantic Summer Photo Backdrop for a prom, wedding or party. You can put this photo booth together without nails or hooks.
How to Make a Romantic Summer Photo Backdrop (Photo Booth)
Prom was last weekend and we had SUCH a fun time decorating! We love being really involved with our neighborhood charter school. Because our school is so small and new we were able to help the school plan the prom.
The photo booth was one of the focal points of the night.
The kids were able to take photos together and post pictures of the prom in front of the photo backdrop we made.
The theme of the prom was Midsummers Night Dream. The kids really wanted the night to look lush and romantic. We tried to create this feeling in the romantic summer photo back drop that we created in a pop up photo booth!
This idea is a great one for ANY type of summer party
Including weddings, anniversary parties or even a birthday celebration!
It was really easy to do.
And since the event location we used didn’t allow us to put nails or hooks into the wall, not even command strips, I will show you how we created this pop up summer photo backdrop against the side of an outside wall.
We ordered everything for this Romantic Summer Photo Back Drop from amazon. I love amazon because it’s SO convenient plus amazon has great prices! It’s wonderful for planning events and if you have a Prime membership everything comes to your house within two days which is incredible.
These are the supplies we ordered to create this Midsummers Night Dream Romantic Summer Back Drop:
2 sets of sheer white drapes (4 panels total)
1 String Copper Lights (35 feet)
White Flower Plumes
Faux Ivy Strands
To assemble the Midsummers Night Romantic Summer Photo Booth:
- We constructed this photo backdrop on one side of a doorway. (if you do this make sure the doorway you use is not an entrance or exit because of fire codes) If you don’t have a doorway to use, you can string fishing wire between two sconces or branches of a tree and hang the curtain panels.
- We tucked the panels inside of the doorway and the doors kept them hung.
- Then we strung fishing wire in between two sconces on either side of the door.
- We bent the stems of the lavender and white plumes and tucked the stems under the fishing wire so that the plumes would hang.
- Then we tied the ivy strands to the fishing wire and let them drape down the curtains.
- We also looped the copper wire lights along the fishing wire to add a little light to the photo booth.
- The last thing we did was we tied some fabric leave garlands along the length of the fishing wire so they hung down the curtains at different heights.
It was so pretty as the wind blew and the vines stirred in the wind while the kids took pictures that night.
When the prom was over all we had to do was untie the fishing wire, untuck the curtain panels from the door and stack everything in a box!
And if you are thinking about decorating for PROM or a summer party – check out FOUR ways you can decorate on a budget!
FOUR ways to decorate for a SUMMER party on a BUDGET!
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!
THE prom photo backdrop is so dreamy and beautiful! You always come up with theBEST ideas!! I love it
Thanks!! We had such a fun time making it and seeing the kids use it at prom 🙂
Christie Dunn says
That is absolutely gorgeous!!! I was in Joann’s yesterday falling in love with the floral arrangments but the price was a bit expensive so I am going to have to get on Amazon. Something needs to happen to make my home summer ready and I think so flowers will help.
Yes! Amazon has super great prices. You should check them out. I was really impressed. And I love that it came right to my house LOL!