I have been wanting to make this project for such a long time. I have been wanting to make two half hearts that, combined together create one whole heart! And since it’s almost Valentine’s Day, I thought this is the perfect time!!
Here’s how I made the You Complete Me Heart Valentine Pillows:
I alsready had a couple white Ikea pillow covers. But honestly, I think it would have been easier to make my own, rather than having to sew the hearts on the already-made pillow covers.
The first thing I did was I took a piece of poster board and folded it in half.
Then I cut out a half a heart.
And here’s a tip – make your heart as big and puffy as you can, so you an cut it down to the size you want later.
Then I laid the poster board heart on top of my pillow covers.
And I adjusted the heart shape to accomodate the pillow covers.
Once I had the heart shapes right, I cut the heart in half and then traced both halves on the gold leather.
And then I cut them out and pinned them on the pillow covers.
I sewed the gold leather hearts onto both pillow covers with my sewing machine.
Once the hearts were sewn on, I put an insert in both pillows and then put them on the bed in the #1905Cotttage’s bedroom. I love the way they look with the oversize arrow headboard I made a few months ago!
And here a couple other shots of this little room:
And I am SO excited to let you guys know about something SO fun that I am participating in this year. It’s a WHOLE year of celebrations with a new project and Pinerest Party each month, along with an amazing giveaway this week!
- Amy from The Idea Room // Follow Amy on Pinterest
- Amy from Positively Splendid // Follow me on Pinterest
- Cheryl from TidyMom // Follow Cheryl on Pinterest
- Cindy from Skip to My Lou // Follow Cindy on Pinterest
- Desiree from The 36th Avenue // Follow Desiree on Pinterest
- Heather from Whipperberry // Follow Heather on Pinterest
- Jen from Tatertots and Jello // Follow Jen on Pinterest
- Kari Ann from Thistlewood Farms // Follow Kari Ann on Pinterest
- Kellie from Nest of Posies // Follow Kellie on Pinterest
- Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane // Follow Lolly Jane on Pinterest
- Melissa from No. 2 Pencil // Follow Melissa on Pinterest
- Mique from 30 Handmade Days // Follow Mique on Pinterest
- Tauni from SNAP! // Follow Tauni on Pinterest
We are so excited to be hosting a Pinterest Party to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
Help us create the most comprehensive holiday Pinterest board on Sunday, January 26, at 9 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m. Central/ 7 p.m. MST/ 6 p.m. PST by sharing your favorite Valentine-themed projects and recipes.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Follow the Year of Celebrations Pinterest board.
- Comment on this post and leave a link to YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or recipe.
- Tweet YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or link using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations
- On Sunday, January 26, at the appointed time and watch as we build a board full of amazing ideas – including yours!
- Be sure to follow along during the party to repin and comment on the board’s posts using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations.
- One lucky party participant will walk away with $200 in DIY party products from American Crafts!
I’m so excited to SEE and PIN YOUR Valentine projects!!
I hope you can join in our Pinterest Party on Sunday!! Yay!!
PS: I’ve linked up this post to these fabulous blogs this week!