Haven’t planned your neighbor gifts yet? It’s not too late!
Today I’m going to share an easy neighbor gift idea for the holidays. It’s what I am giving my neighbors this year: Orange Hot Fudge Sauce. It’s such a yummy treat!
I adapted the recipe from …
… one from Your Home Based Mom. Head over there to see the plain chocolate version.
- Zest of one orange, cut into strips
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1 can Evaporated Milk (1⅓ cup)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Orange Extract
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- Melt the chocolate chips, milk, butter and powdered sugar in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add the orange zest.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 4 minutes, stirring all the while.
- After 4 minutes, turn off the heat and take out the orange zest strips. Let the mixture cool and get thicker.
- After about 10 minutes, add the vanilla and orange extract and stir to incorporate.
- Use a funnel and pour the chocolate sauce into your jars. I used 4 ounce canning jars. I doubled the recipe and it made 18 4-ounce jars of sauce.
And here’s the printable!
Just right-click this link or the image below and choose “save as” to download the PDF. (For personal use only.)
I added a little washi tape to the edges of the lid for some festive Holiday color. So easy! And if you want to add a little more to the gift, you can pair it with an ice cream scoop or a pint of ice cream!
Here are a couple other neighbor gift ideas, each with free printables: