Hi TT& J friends! I’m Mique from Thirty Handmade Days and the Queen Bee Market. I love creating printables, recipes and gift ideas (like this Anniversary On the Hour- still one of my favorites!) Today I’m sharing some tasty and cute Christmas Truffle Cupcakes.
My family members LOVE chocolate. My mother in law is from Switzerland so chocolate practically runs through her veins. She found a recipe for chocolate truffle cupcakes using Lindt balls (our favorite!) that I just twisted a bit to make my own. Let’s get baking, shall we?
- 1 box devils food cake
- 1 4 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Milk chocolate Lindor truffles by Lindt ~ approximately 24
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 bag of green candy melts
- 4+ crushed candy canes
- Unwrap milk chocolate Lindt truffles and set aside.
- Mix all cupcake ingredients together.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. (do not overfill)
- Bake at 350.
- After five minutes, lightly press a Lindt truffle into each partially baked cupcake. (don't push too far)
- Let the cupcakes bake an additional 13 minutes (total of 18 minutes).
- Cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together, then add vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.
- Lay printable on counter for Christmas trees and/or hearts.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on top.
- Follow directions on package to melt chocolate.
- Add it to a squeezable bottle/piping bag.
- Trace the trees or hearts.
- Let dry for at least an hour.
- After frosted, sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Top with chocolate trees and/or hearts.
Here’s what the cupcakes looked like after I added the Lindt balls (5 minutes after they went into the oven as directed above):
While my cupcakes were baking, I made the chocolate trees and hearts to add to the top. They are so easy to make but give the already awesome cupcakes an added touch. I used one bag of green Wilton candy melts. I followed the directions for melting in the microwave and then filled a bottle with a fine tip full of the melted chocolate. I printed out a Christmas tree and heart template (available for download at 30days today!) and added a piece of wax paper to the top:
Originally I sprayed the wax paper with cooking spray because I wasn’t sure the trees and hearts would come up easily. But then I tried it without the cooking spray and it was fine too. So I piped the chocolate over the top of the template:
After I was happy with my trees and hearts, I let them harden and had my trusty baking partner (Drew, 7) crush candy canes. We love to crush candy canes at this time of year. We add them to hot chocolate with whip cream and other recipes too. I keep them in a little bottle for easy access.
After the cupcakes came out of the oven, we waited for them to cool, frosted them, sprinkled with crushed candy canes and simple lifted the Christmas trees and hearts and placed them on top of each cupcake.
To take things one step further, I created this cute little “Wishing you joy” banner. Wouldn’t it be fun for a Christmas party? You can get directions and the printable over at 30days today too. Stop by and say hi at 30days!! -Mique
Thanks Mique! Don’t those look delicious? And, I just love that cute chocolate Christmas tree too! Visit Thirty Handmade Days for tons of other great ideas!! And, I just have to add that Mique always has AMAZING printables! Here are a few of my favorite projects of Mique’s:
Have you ever thought you needed to be more organized during the Holidays? Well, Mique created this Mini Holiday Binder to help you keep track of receipts, gift lists, cards, and more! Included are some of her amazing printables!!
These Thanksgiving Printable Tags and Frosted Pumpkin Cookie Recipe would be a great way to show someone how grateful you are for them this Thanksgiving! Yum!!
These Bright & Cheery Christmas Ornaments would make a great gift to give to someone that they can use over and over again!
And, I LOVE how she turned these mason jars into Fancy Mason Jar Glasses!! This project is super quick, but how fun would it be to serve your Holiday drinks in these?
Visit Thirty Handmade Days and