We made some cupcakes the other day that I posted on Instagram.
I had a bunch of people ask for the recipe. So here it is.
It’s super easy since it uses a simple yellow cake mix. And it’s perfect to make for Easter too!
Here’s the recipe!
Turn your favorite candy bars into a delicious cupcake treat!
- 1 package of yellow cake mix (make according to directions)
- 2 cups of butterscotch chips
- 3 Tablespoons of Smucker's Caramel Topping
- 1 pakage of Butterfinger Easter Eggs
- Buttercream Icing
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Make the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- Add the butterscotch chips and caramel topping.
- Mix together and scoop into cupcake liners (2/3 full)
- Then insert a Butterfinger egg inside each cupcake liner
- Cook according to directions on cake mix -- 350-degrees for 12-15 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Let cupcakes cool.
- Mix frosting, then take a king-size Butterfinger bar, put it into a gallon zip lock bag and crush it
- Frost the cupcakes with the Buttercream Frosting and then sprinking the Butterfinger bars onto the top of the cupcakes. Then garnish with either a larger piece of candy bar or a decorative item like a chocolate bunny.
It’s kind of fun to find a surprise inside of the cupcakes!
Do you have any treats you are planning to make for Easter??
Share them in the comments – we would love to hear YOUR ideas!!
Have a Happy Day!