Hello Tatertots and Jello friends! It’s Melissa from No. 2 Pencil again, and today I’m sharing a yummy fall drink with you. This Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate is an absolutely delicious treat. It’s a rich and creamy homemade white hot chocolate with a touch of warm pumpkin pie spice. Perfect for getting cozy with a on a crisp fall night.
If you’ve never made real homemade hot chocolate, this is a great recipe to start with. You will never go back to hot cocoa packages!
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
1 cup of heavy cream
2 cups of milk – I used skim milk
1 cup of good quality white chocolate chips, Ghirardelli recommended
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
Whipped cream and additional pumpkin spice to sprinkle on top.
1. Heat cream and milk in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot but not boiling.
2. In a medium sized bowl, pour heated cream and milk over white chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted.
3. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.
4. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
A few tips:
Keep a close eye on the milk and cream mixture – once it is hot, turn off the flame. It doesn’t need to come to a boil.
Use good quality white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate. The flavor and sweetness of white chocolate really varies. I have found the Ghirardelli white chocolate chips to have the best taste and have been able to find them at almost every grocery store.
Thank you for letting me share, Jen!
Isn’t she just amazing??
Seriously – Melissa is one of my very favorite people.
Here are some more AWESOME ideas from no. 2 Pencil Blog:
Melissa’s Boy Room Makeover is amazing – I love those strips, the rug, the pouf – everything!!
I can’t wait to try this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish recipe!
And how yummy is this White Chocolate Popcorm Munch! Perfect for movie night.
Be sure to follow along with No. 2 Pencil Blog – you will love it!!
And be sure to follow along with Melissa on IG too!!
PS – I hope you can stop by for the link party tonight. I have a really fun giveaway!!
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk – I used skim milk
- 1 cup of good quality white chocolate chips, Ghirardelli recommended
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- Whipped cream and additional pumpkin spice to sprinkle on top.
- Heat cream and milk in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot but not boiling.
- In a medium sized bowl, pour heated cream and milk over white chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted.
- Add vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
Grand Theft Auto V PC Download – The GTA 5 PC Version says
I enjoy աhat ƴou guys arе usually up too. This sort of clever ѡork
and coverage! Κeep up tɦe fantastic աorks guys I’ve included you guys
Hi! I love this website! I really want to try that hot chocolate! It looks REALLY yummy for winter!!! 🙂
Hope you will check out my website!
Rachel C. says
Do you think this hot chocolate would still be good if made and just kept warm in a crockpot? I’m thinking the teachers at my kids school may like this!
Lisa @ Wine & Glue says
Melissa, this looks delicious!!! What a perfect recipe for fall! I can’t wait to try it 🙂 Pinning!
It looks so delicious. I am glad I found it!
I think I’m going to need to make that white hot chocolate sometime soon. It’s getting chilly here so it would be perfect for a weekend morning. Oh, look – a weekend morning is coming up tomorrow!
Lolly Jane says
So cute, Melissa! Looks tasty!
Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly says
That sounds DELICIOUS!! Ohmygoodness…
Dina (The Everyday Contessa) says
My kids love White Hot Chocolate, and I know that the pumpkin spice will hit the spot! Wonderful.