This is one of my favorite recipes! And I can honestly say that it is the ONE cooking award that I have ever won!
About 6 years ago we had a neighborhood retreat where we all brought a Fall Chili recipe and they gave out prizes. So I brought my Pumpkin Chili ….. And. I. won. So fun!!
I have been promising the recipe ever since. And what I love about this recipe is that it is SUPER easy too. The pumpkin doesn’t really make the chili taste sweet but it gives the soup a nice thick texture.
Here’s how to make my Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili:
1 can 26 ounces of tomato sauce
1 can 27 ounces of diced tomatoes
2 cans of kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed.
2 lbs spicy sausage
1 medium red onion
1 each – red, yellow and green bell peppers, chopped and diced.
1 can of green chilis (optional)
2 T. Chili Powder
8 oz. Pumpkin puree
Sour Cream, Chives and Cheese to garnish.
- Brown the sausage with the chopped onions until meat is cooked through and onions are soft.
- Then return the meat and onions to the slow cooker.
- Then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and rinsed beans to the meat mixture in the slow cooker.
- Add the green, red and yellow peppers, chili powder, pumpkin puree and mix it up and put it on HIGH setting for 4-5 hours.
- Serve into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and some chives. YUM!!
What is YOUR favorite FALL recipe!
Let me know in the comments!
Have a Happy Day!!
You will love smelling the chili cooking – it’s divine!!