No-Sew Patriotic Scrap Flags. Mix and match left-over fabric to create pretty patriotic flags that can be used to decorate this summer!
No-Sew Patriotic Scrap Flags
Who’s ready to kick off summertime?? I love decorating for Memorial Day with patriotic items that can be left up through Fourth of July. I love crisp combination of red, white and blue. One of my favorite ways to decorate for Memorial Day and Fourth of July are with flags!
Turn Left-Over Fabric into Patriotic Flags
Turn Left-Over Fabric into Handmade Flags This project only uses a small amount of fabric, so it is perfect to use up extra fabric! It’s also a great way to mix and match different fabrics and patterns so the flag types are endless. I used two striped fabric and two plaid fabrics, but you can also use prints, polka dots, tie-dye or plain colored fabric too!
Patriotic Decor Ideas
I am joining friends today in a fun blog hop that my friend Pasha from Pasha is Home organized. Be sure to scroll down to see 8 beautiful and easy ways patriotic ideas. Click over to get directions to make these gorgeous patriotic ideas.
How to Make No-Sew Patriotic Scrap Flags
Here’s how to make these easy colorful no-sew patriotic scrap flags!
No-Sew Patriotic Scrap Flag Supplies
I fund everything at Hobby Lobby, but I’ve included amazon links that are easy to use and the supplies will come right to your home!
- Fabric – two different fabrics for each flag. You can mix and match fabrics for different combinations.
- Wood Rods – one 12-inch wood rod per flag.
- Wood Balls – one 3/4 inch wood ball per flag.
- Hot Glue Gun – this is my favorite glue gun.
No-Sew Patriotic Scrap Flag Directions
- Cut the main red part of the flag into the size you want. I made these flag in 6-inch by 4-inches flags. I wanted a kind of unstructured look so I snipped a small cut the top of the material and then ripped it all the way down the fabric. Then I took the section and snipped it and ripped the other edge.
- Cut out the smaller blue material. I also ripped the fabric to match the red fabric with the rough edges.
- Lay the larger piece of fabric on your work surface. Run a line of hot glue down the side of the fabric.
- Lay the rod along the hot glue line, adhering it to the fabric.
- Then run a line of glue on top of the rod and roll it toward the flag fabric.
- Turn the flag over and glue the blue smaller fabric at the top left corner of the flag.
- Put a small bead of glue at the center of the wood ball and place it on top of the wood rod and hold it there until the hot glue cools.
- NOTE — To make flags facing the other direction, attach the wood rod on the opposite side of the flag material. I think it looks nice to have flags that face both directions.
Make a Fabric Flag Pillow
You can also make a larger flag and attach it to a pillow cover. I will write up the easy directions soon if you want to make a matching flag pillow!
More Patriotic Decor Ideas from 8 Talented Bloggers
Simple Vintage Americana Porch Table Ideas // Dabbling & Decorating
How to Make Simple Patriotic Wall Decor // Robyn’s French Nest
No Sew Patriotic Scrap Flags // Tater Tots & Jello
Simple Ideas to Decorate with Red, White, and Blue // Simply 2 Moms
How to Make a Festive Patriotic Front Porch // Pasha is Home
Patriotic Picnic Ideas & How To Decorate // The Pond’s Farmhouse
How To Create An Easy Patriotic Tablescape // Cottage in the Mitten
Summer Sunroom Dining // White Arrows Home
More Pretty Patriotic Projects
Here are a few easy patriotic ideas to make this year!
Free Patriotic 4th of July Nautical Prints. Need a last-minute idea? Print out these adorable patriotic banner for instant 4th of July decor!
10-Minute Patriotic Basket Wreath. Make an easy and festive fourth of July wreath in just minutes!
The 12 BEST Patriotic Flag Fruit and Veggie Platters. Create a healthier snack tray for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July with these fruit and veggie tray ideas!
What are you doing to celebrate?