I love making a big, simple sign for different holidays!
I have the perfect, skinny wall on an archway going into my family room. I’ve made one for a few different seasons and holidays. It’s such an easy way to make a statement. For under $10 you can make a sign that is so striking.
Just head down to your hardware store and pick up a simple board. Mine is 11 inches wide by 48 inches high for about $7.
(here I am with my Giant Valentine Board)
Here’s how to make a Giant Valentine Sign:
- Grab your board.
- Then spray paint the sign the color you want your text to be.
- After it dries, print off your lettering using your craft cutter. For Valentine’s Day I used the word “LOVE” but you can use any word you want!
- Put the letters on your board.
- Smooth down the edges so there are no air bubbles.
- Spray paint the top layer color on top of the vinyl.
- Let the paint dry and then peel off the vinyl letters.
- Use a mouse sander to distress the sign.
- Then put a hanger on the back of the board and hang it up!
So easy! And it makes such a statement.
You can make one for your home or it also would look so great on a porch!
Here are a few other Giant signs I have made in the past:
I am excited to make a different sign for each major holiday or occasion!
What have you made for Valentine’s Day??
Let me know in the comments – I would love to come over and see YOUR ideas!!
Have a Beautiful Day!
PS- I’ve linked this post up to these fabulous blogs this week!