Bacon and Red Pepper Egg Bites. Egg bites are perfect for breakfast or anytime. You can make your own in minutes with this easy low carb, protein filled recipe using an Egg Bite Maker.
Bacon and Red Pepper Egg Bites
Have you ever had egg bites? They’re my favorite breakfast! Starbucks makes wonderful egg bites but they can be pricey. I found the easiest way to make your own egg bites for a fraction of the price.
Single Serving Recipe Ideas
These egg bits are single serving (but really are enough for two people so you can share). My friends are also sharing single serving recipes today too! Scroll down to grab their recipe ideas!
What Makes Egg Bites So Creamy?
The secret to making egg bits is using the steam method, known as
Sous vide. Sous vide is a method of cooking where you vacuum seal food and use a regulated water bath to precisely cook food to a certain temperature. TO use a Sous vide you need to invest in a vacuum sealer as well as a Sous vide machine which is bulky and costs between $100-$500.
Egg Bite Maker
Instead of investing in a Sous vide machine to make egg bites I decided to try a little machine called an Egg Bite Maker! The Dash Egg Bite Maker is so cute! It’s small and easy to store and it uses steam to cook the egg bites which mimics the cooking of a Sous vide machine! And at less than $20 it was the perfect solution to my egg bite dilemma. In less than a week I had gained back the amount that I was spending at Starbucks for these light and fluffy breakfast items! Another plus is that I can make individual cheesecakes and flan with this machine too!
Use a Basic Recipe to Make Dozens of Egg Bite Recipes
Use this basic recipe and then add in your favorite items to change up basic egg bites. The egg bites I am sharing today are red pepper and bacon egg bites but you can use the plain recipe and then add in whatever mix ins and cheeses you want to customize your egg bites. Some ideas for different egg bites are:
- Cheesy Egg Bites (this is the recipe below with no add-ins)
- Copycat Starbucks spinach and red pepper Egg Bites
- Red Pepper and Bacon Egg Bites
- Bacon, Broccoli and Cheddar Egg Bites.
- Tomato Feta Egg Bites
- Spanish Egg Bites (mix-ins: tomato, onion, red bell pepper, salsa)
- Veggie Egg Bites (mix-ins: spinach, onion, mushroom, green bell peppers)
- Copycat Starbucks Bacon and Gruyère Egg Bites
- Turkey Bacon and White Cheddar Egg Bites
The egg bite variations are endless!
How to Use an Egg Bite Maker
- Place your egg bite maker on a flat surface.
- An egg bite maker comes with the machine which opens like a waffle maker, except inside are flat heating plates. There is an indicator light on top which tells you when the egg bite maker is heated up.
- There are also four silicone cups that fit inside the egg bite maker.
- You fill one cup with water, pour the water inside the egg bite maker on the heating plate.
- Spraying the inside of the silicone cups with cooking spray will let the egg bits pop out easier.
- Then fill the four cups with your egg mixture 3/4 way full so they don’t overflow when cooking.
- If you are adding toppings, put the toppings on the bottom of the silicone cups and then pour your egg mixture over the toppings.
- Close the lid and allow the eggs to cook for 7-10 minutes, or until the water on the cooking surface has completely evaporated.
- When eggs are done, unplug the machine and turn the silicone cups upside down and the egg bites will pop out. If the egg bites are stuck, gently squeeze the silicone cups to help them release the egg bites.
The Easiest Egg Bite Recipe
The Easiest Egg Bite Recipe Using an Egg Bite Maker
The Easiest Egg Bite Recipe Using an Egg Bite Maker. Egg bites are perfect for breakfast or anytime. You can make your own in no time with this easy low carb, protein filled recipe using an Egg Bite Maker.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbs. cottage cheese
- 2 Tbs. shredded cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
Red Pepper and Bacon Mix Ins
- 3 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1 Tsp. roasted red peppers, chopped
Tomato Feta Mix Ins
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Mexican Mix Ins
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 T. salsa
Veggie Mix Ins
- 1/8 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/8 cup onion, diced
- 1/8 cup mushrooms
- 1/8 cup bell peppers, diced
In a small bowl, add eggs, shredded cheese, salt and pepper and cottage cheese. mix.
Plug in egg bit maker
Fill one cup with water and pour it into the bottom of the heating plate.
Spray silicone molds with non-stick spray.
Add mix ins to the bottom of the cups. The mix ins are listed above.
Pour the egg mixture over the mix ins, fill approximately 3/4 way full so they don't overflow.
Cook for 7-10 minutes or until the water evaporates.
Flip cups over and pop the egg bits out.
Top with whatever toppings go with your mix ins — sour cream, chives, bacon, pico, etc.
Unplug your egg bite maker.
4 egg bite cups = 300 kcal
NET CARBS = 1 gram
Single Serving Recipes
7 Delicious Individual Serving Recipes
Mini Raspberry Olive Oil Cake Recipe // My 100 Year Old Home
Mini Layer Cakes // Happy Happy Nester
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake // Twelve On Main
Individual Charcuterie Jars // Modern Glam
Mini Lavender Lemon Dutch Baby Pancakes // Most Lovely Things
How to Make Individual Charcuterie Boards // My Sweet Savannah
Bacon and Red Pepper Egg Bites // Tatertots & Jello
Pin The Easiest Egg Bite Recipe for Later!
More Low Carb Recipes
This recipe is perfect when you need a sweet treat. I make it when my family is going to be eating something that I know I will want. It satisfies my sweet tooth and is only 4 net carbs!
Perfect for get-togethers and game day! This is a charcuterie board everyone will love and they won’t even notice that it’s low-carb!
Have a yummy day!