1905 Cottage: 6 Bedroom Gallery Wall Tips.
I love gallery walls. One of my favorites was the family gallery wall in the entryway in my old home.
And in the 1905 Cottage I have loved creating a few for different rooms. I made a small one, with mainly frames in my dining room. I created a gallery wall with shelves in the family room.
And I love the one in my master bedroom. I think the gallery wall in my master bedroom is a bit unusual because it isn’t centered above the bed or on the wall. I love that it kind of transitions the area between the television and my little office nook.
One of the things I love about gallery walls is changing them up! The other day I made a new wall hanging for my master bedroom with my new Everyday collection through Pebbles and American Crafts. It’s so easy to make. And I love the wood hangers in my Home+Made collection because they have magnets on the back so all you have to do to make a wall hanging is take the paper and attach it to the top and bottom of the wood hanger. So it’s super easy to change out.
I use these glitter thickers in my Everyday collection. They match the large glitter words. So it was fun to make a saying with both. I used this ombre paper from my new line. And then I just glittered up the wood hanger and VOILA I have a new hanging for my wall.
Here are Six tips for creating a memorable Master Bedroom Gallery Wall:
- For my space, I wanted to keep the feeling neutral so I kept one color frames: white.
- I included pictures of my kids and interspersed the photos with some sayings from my Gallery Wall Kit. It’s so easy – all you have to do is pick out the prints and sayings you want and then add your own photos.
- I like to include a few unusual items like the Gold Polka Dot Clipboard and the wood hanging elements.
- To make sure on the placement, I like to lay out the frames on the floor below the wall. But if you have a really complex collection, you can cut out wallpaper with the frame sizes and then play around with the placement until you find the right combination.
- I love to use 3M Command Strips. Because I hate putting holes in my walls and I have decorating ADD – I am always switching around and Command Strips make my life easier. NOTE – be sure to use enough of them. I have had things fall because I’ve skimped and it’s just not worth it.
- Don’t make your gallery wall too big. Keep some white space so your wall isn’t screaming at you while you are trying to relax. Just my opinion lol.
1905 Cottage: 6 Bedroom Gallery Wall Tips
You can find out how to make this Initial Wall Hanging and Paper Flower too
Would you put a gallery wall in YOUR bedroom?
What kind of gallery wall would you create?
Let us know in the comments!