When school started this year all of my kids wanted to switch bedrooms around!
My middle daughter started high school and wanted to be down in the basement with my oldest daughter. So she took over our guest room.
And my youngest daughter took over her “Tween” room.
And my oldest son is away at college, so we decided to turn his room into the new guest room. It’s the biggest bedroom in the house, with it’s own bathroom. It kind of made sense.
I spent a long time decided on some essentials I thought a guest room should have.
We created some floating shelves and a desk out of a little nook.
And we created stripes on the main wall of the room.
And I thought I would share them with you!! I have an update on the guest room and a paint giveaway coming up on Thursday, but here are some awesome ideas if you are contemplating a guest room redo at YOUR house!
Here are 5 Ways to Create the Perfect Guest Room:
1. Provide plenty of fluffy towels and toiletries!
If you have a closet in your guest room, or guest bath — a great idea is to label items your guests might need and stock them in a pleasing manner like this Guest Room Closet at Natalme.
2. Create a tray or cart of little snacks and treats for your treats during their stay. This cart idea is from A Beautiful Mess.
And this idea is from Sunset.
3. Provide a lot of fluffy pillows for comfort. And even create or purchase a special theme pillow to let your guest know how excited you are to have them stay in your home. This pillow is from Scoutmob.
4. Add a little workspace for Your Guests.
We created floating shelves and a desk in a little nook. Here’s a craft room closet that Traci from Beneath My Heart created in her closet.
5. Create a little charging station for your guests. Here’s a little charging station I made for our tween/tween bedroom makeover. You can create something similar so easily with an old drawer or crate. Your guests will love being able to charge all of their electronic devices — from ipads, iphones to kindles, nooks and so forth!
Have you create a bedroom or guest room that you love??
Share your ideas in the comments!
I would love to come over and see YOUR room!!
And stay tuned for more updates on the guest room I’ve been working on! I can’t wait to show you more!! A new post on the progress is coming up on Thursday!!
Have a Creative Day!