Today I would love to share a fun and whimsical gift idea –
Snowman Votive Holders made out of Wine Glasses!!
I found some glasses at Ross for $4 for a set of 4. Then I bought some snow medium and some glitter from my local craft store. Seriously, this project couldn’t be easier.
I think this little gift would be great for a teacher or neighbor gift this year. And for under $2 each, this is a great Holiday gift idea. I also love that you can keep this fun little votive holder out through Winter – you don’t need to pack it away after Christmas!!
Here’s how to make your own Snowman Wine Glass Votive Holders:
- Wine Glasses
- Snow Medium. I tried two different kinds. One is DecoArt’s Snow-Tex and and the other is Aileen’s True Snow.
- Glitter — Twinlet’s Diamond Dust
- Sculpy Clay – I bought orange for the carrot nose and black for the Snowman’s eyes and mouth
- Some material for the Snowman’s scarf. I used a $1 Dollar Store Bandana — but scraps of flannel would be really cute too!
- Trowel on the snow medium with a paint brush.
- Immediately sprinkle some glitter over the top of the snow medium while it’s still wet.
- While the snow medium is drying, shape the sculpy clay. Make some noses, eyes and mouths. Bake them in the over at 275-degrees for 15 minutes.
- Once the snow medium is set, apply the eyes and mouths with E6000. Let set 2-3 hours.
- Then cut 1″ wide by 8″ lengths of flannel of polka dot material for the scarf. Tie it at the top of the stem and adhere with a glue dot or hot glue.
Now you have a fun little gift for your neighbor or child’s teacher. Add a little votive and it makes a charming focal point to your Holiday decor. I love sitting mine on my kitchen counter!!
What are you giving your teachers or neighbors this year? I would love to know!!
PS — We are having a really fun LIVE chat tonight — talking about Holiday Traditions at the International Delight #CoffeeTalk community. It’s going to be fun!! I hope you will come over and share YOUR traditions with us!!