Valentine Project: $2 TIERED Dollar Store Tray

I had so much fun making my Dollar Store tray that I decided to make a tiered Valentine-ish one too. Although I like it so much I think I will use it all Spring and maybe Summer too! It’s so bright and happy looking!

If you want to make one, here are the trays I used from the Dollar Tree:

I pretty much followed the steps I used making the first tray, which are found HERE. I cut the paper into strips , but I didn’t want the top and bottom trays to be too matchy-matchy, so I mixed it up a little.

And I added feet just like I did to the first tray, although I painted them off-white instead of black. I attached them with Gorilla Glue.

I also used a little silver candlestick that I had laying around. I was going to paint the candlestick, but I like the shine it gives the tray so I left it silver.

Also — I wrapped a pink striped ribbon around the underneath of the top tray where you can see the paper edges. I meant to take a picture of that, but forgot. I will try to take one tomorrow and update it.

I am excited to use it on Valentine’s night to put my dessert on. So fun!

♥♥♥

www.tatertotsandjello.com

Comments

1. This is brilliant!!!!

2. Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com says:

This is SO colorful and adorable and cute! WOW! is all I can say.

3. Two Shades of Pink says:

Hi Jen! I laughed reading your post today about cutting your finger with scissors. Did the exact thing yesterday and asked the exact same question about bleeding and stitches! But I am leaving a comment here to let you know I was so inspired by this project that I did my own spin on it for tomorrow's post (3/2/10). I just loved the genius of using a candle stick! So thanks for the constant inspiration!

4. Thanks for taking the time to link up all of your great craft ideas.. I wish you and your family a very Happy Valentine's Day.. Thanks again.. You made me smile..

5. Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

so pretty!

6. I'm speechless after catching up on these posts. I've been gone a few days and you managed to cram two weeks worth of activities in.
    How do you do that?

7. Me and My Pink Mixer says:

Love this tray!!! You are such an inspiration – I ran to the Dollar Tree last night :) Where did you get your paper? It is so pretty!

8. I LOVE all the pink papers! So pretty :) You are the mod podge queen.

9. Ooh, la, la! Love it!

10. Infarrantly Creative says:

Now that is cute! If I made it I would be forced to make lots of cookies and candies and sweets. I would definitely have to give it away. Me and sweets can't be in the same room. I just cant resist.

11. I've been searching for affordable knobs and handles since you posted your first tray, but they are so expensive new! As soon as I can get some, I am totally making this. Both of these. I just love them.

If you'd like, I;m hosting my very first Link Party today. And you are welcome to link this up there, as well!

12. This is just too stinkin' cute. I love it! I'd swear you paid a ton for it! Great job.

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

13. love it love it love it!!!

14. You are a genius!

15. Miller Racing Family says:

Of course I love the project. I seriously think you need to contact HGTV or DIY about hosting your own show.
    Have a great day!

16. ~3 Sides of Crazy~ says:

Jen these trays you've been making are adorable!!!!!!!! Happy Valentine's Day. :)
    Hugs,
    Tamy

17. www.thehusaileybunch.com says:

Hi there! I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I nominated you for an award!

Have a super Tuesday!

18. GORGEOUS!

19. What kind of glue did you use to glue it all together? Love it!

20. LoVe that!! Super CuTe idea!!

21. Carmie of The Single Nester says:

Another great design! Lovely!

22. I can't decide which one is cuter….#1 or #2

Candy

23. ~Lavender Dreamer~ says:

Very good idea! I have been looking for something like this in the thrift stores. It would be fun to make..I think! ♥

24. Hi! I'm Jenn. I just found your blog a couple weeks ago, and I'm so glad. I think this is LOVELY! I think I'm going to go make one now. Oh, and I hope you don't mind I spotlight it on my blog (mycreativeheart.blogspot.com).

25. This is so draling, think of all the possibilities – a custom matched one for every bday party theme, holiday, etc. Love it!

26. these tray are so smart and cute!

Beautiful!!! :) I love the pretty patterns you chose. Can I have a cookie? ;) Thanks for the visit!

My Decorating Dilemmas party is going up later tonight. I'd love it if you have a chance to stop by and/or link this up as a Solution. :) Have a great evening!

28. shortmama says:

So pretty! I just got done make a room cleaning checklist for Rhiannons room…hopefully it helps!

29. Connie Weiss says:

That is just plain adorable! I love it!

30. Kimm at Reinvented says:

Sooo cute! I will have to give this project a try, I have a "thing" for dessert trays. :)

31. jennykate77 says:

I really love that little tiered tray, Jen!! Soooooo so cute and it looks really easy to do! Although, you make everything look easy!

Hope you're having a great week!!♥

32. So easy and cute, love it!

33. Heather @ Sugar N Spice Mostly Nice says:

Yummy looking cookies!!
    Oh yeah the tray is super cute too! ;)

34. ashley morgan says:

Great tray! I love repurposing.

35. Stacey Michals says:

Absolutely adorable!

36. Love Being a Nonny says:

You have the BEST ideas! Thanks for sharing!!

37. MY favorite tray yet! Good work girl! I'm gonna do it and make one for all year long – you know, one that matches the kitchen! AWHHH Yah! Thanks much lady!

38. ♥ Kenz ♥ says:

Just beautiful!

39. That is just adorable! If I made one I would have to go with red. With all the testosterone in the house I don't think I could by with pink.

That icing looks so fluffy and yummy! You should consider making two of everything and putting one in your Etsy shop!

Shredding today! Me too!

40. DOEHLER DAYS says:

This is so cute! I need to make a dessert tray so badly! Hopefully I can find the time before this weekend. I have shared this on my blog! Thanks.

41. I love it!

42. Hi Jen,
    I am loving these trays! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Pam

43. oh my gosh, that's adorable!!! And I already have that one tray from the dollar store! Hmmm….gotta go run back! Although, I am a bit scared of Mod Podge. Every time I use it I get bubbles. Maybe using strips of paper it makes it easier to get the bubbles out?!

44. holy pizza pan batman!! that is just adorable! and I LOVED the black and white one- and where did you get those # pillows in the background-you made them Im sure!! too cute! and LOVE your blog-been a reader for some time.

45. Jen! So cute & the cookies look delish!
    -Jill

46. Brassy Apple says:

Oh Jen! Can I be like you when I "grow up"? Just completely *heart* your style.

Love this tray!

47. I love it! It looks so pretty! The cookies are looking good too!

48. Wow…. I just love your work.. My round robin is this Friday if you want link up… Thanks..

49. Mad Sewing Love says:

Wow…that's gorgeous!

It turned out darling! You are too clever.

Sue

51. sweetpicklesandchocolate says:

This is tooo toooo cute! Darn! I wish I had thought of it first!

52. You blew me away with the first tray you made, but this one is even more spectacular…if that's possible! :)

53. Jenglamgirl says:

its so darling jen, way to go! The cookies look so yummy, but not on my diet. P.S. I am down 21.7 lbs. YEAH! have a good one friend, JGG!

54. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

I love it, Jen! It is very happy and bright. I think it would work great for birthdays and celebrations throughout the year.

55. Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

I love the paper you used – this turned out darling.

That is too cute! I love to have taller serving pieces on the table. It adds a lot of interest instead of everything just being flat!

57. oh I love it! What a good idea!!

58. The Cottage Mama says:

Adorable!! Dollar store crafts are the best – it is amazing the things that can be done for pennies. Thanks for sharing!!

Lindsay

59. I've been waiting anxiously to see the 2 tier one! It looks soooo cute and I love the silver candlestick in the middle!

60. How wonderfully creative and inexpensive Jen!! You're the best!! xxoo

61. The Smith Family says:

Love this idea! So cute!
    Shelley

62. M.L. @ The House of Whimsy says:

So super cute!!! I LOOOOVE all your creations. Thanks for sharing!
    Mary Lou

63. Your cool friend, Cheryl says:

So cute! I bought those trays to put our gingerbread houses on…time for a makeover!

64. Oh my heck – of COURSE you just busted out a two tier one!!!! Love it SO much! :) I'm completely confounded by the wrapping of the paper, but I think I'm still going to have to give this a try. I can totally see this on my daughter's dresser with all of her little hair bows nicely arranged. Maybe. xoxo

65. You are so creative!!

66. Loving this tray too!

67. Jenni @ nest to keep says:

Oh, I love it! I love the paper you used to cover the trays with~ the colors ARE happy and you'll have so much fun using it! :) I think I will have to make a spring one for sure! :)

I hope you are having a wonderful week! :)