Hello, Tatertots and Jello readers! My name is Amanda and I blog about crafts, thrifty decorating, recipes, and home life at Serenity Now. I love mochas, shoes, and Target.
- Large Ceramic Tile from a home improvement store (only $0.77 apiece at Lowe’s)
- E-6000 glue
- White Spray Paint
- Ball Knobs (with one side flat) from craft store
- Dry Erase Marker
- Rub-ons from craft store or Silhouette/Cricut and vinyl
Here’s how I did it!
1. Choose your rub-on (or vinyl design) and cut to fit your tile. 2. Lay your designs out and be sure they are spaced where you want them. 3. Follow the manufacturer’s directions and be sure your rub your design (or vinyl) down all the way. 4. Carefully peel away the rub-on backing or the Silhouette transfer tape
5. Apply E-6000 to the flat side of your knobs (after you’ve spray painted them white and they are dry) 6. Firmly press the knobs onto the back of the tile 7. Cut a small strip of velcro and apply to the back of the tile. 8. Apply the other side of the velcro to the pen and secure it to the back of the tile. Now your memo/message board is inclined to make writing easier!
I wrote the most profound quote I could think of:
The dry erase marker should come right off with a paper towel. Wet it just a bit if the marker is older or stubborn. These make great gift ideas! I love words and quotes. It makes washing those dishes slightly less of a chore when I have something fun to look at. It’s also great for Bible memory verses, funny notes to your husband, to-do lists, and more. It would also be cute sitting on a small easel. You can pick up a pack of rub-ons at the craft store with a coupon for a couple of dollars if you don’t own a Silhouette. I used my Silhouette to cut some vinyl to make a separate Menu Board:
I’d love to know if you make one, and I hope you’ll come and visit me at Serenity Now soon! Jen, thank you so much for sharing your blog with me today. Your sweet spirit and generosity are inspiring. I appreciate you!
Those tiles would make a great teacher, birthday or neighbor gift too!