This post is sponsored by Hobby Lobby. All ideas are my own.
Sparkly Silver and Gold New Years Eve Party Ideas. DIY a glittering New Year’s Eve with a sequin ‘CHEERS’ sign, a silver and gold table runner, and a festive buffet.
Sparkly Silver and Gold New Years Eve Party Ideas
Hobby Lobby is my crafting haven, and with New Year’s Eve just around the corner, it’s the ideal place to turn ordinary moments into extraordinary memories. This year, I decided to bring the sparkle to my NYE home celebration with a touch of silver and gold. Hobby Lobby’s array of festive goodies made it a breeze to create a dazzling NYE party atmosphere. From disco ball ornaments to glamorous fabrics, Hobby Lobby had everything I needed to turn my space into a glittering wonderland. Direct inks to the products I used are at the bottom of the post 🙂
Craft a”CHEERS” Sign with Gold Sequin Fabric
One of my favorite projects for the party was crafting a giant “CHEERS” sign using Hobby Lobby’s 16-inch paper mâché letters. To give it that extra dose of glam, I chose the prettiest gold sequin fabric to cover the letters. Here’s a quick guide on how I achieved a seamless finish:
How to Cover Paper mâché Letters with Sequin Fabric:
- Cut a piece of material that covers the letters with 5 inches on each side.
- Cut a length of material that matches the inside of the letters (in this case, 2 inches). Attach the 2-inch strips of fabric to the inside of the letters with hot glue.
- Lay the fabric over the top of the letter and hot glue it in place.
- Make a cut in the middle of any openings, and at the end of the cut, make two 45-degree cuts about 3 inches away from the side of the letter.
- Flip the letter upside down and hot glue the edges of the fabric onto the back side of the letter.
- The edges with 45-degree cuts will have gaps; use hot glue to adhere those edges to the fabric on the sides.
- Hang up your sparkling letters and let the celebration begin!
Create a Glamorous Silver and Gold Centerpiece
For the table runner, I wanted to make a statement. Here’s how I layered the elements to create a glamorous setting:
- Lay the gold sequin fabric on the table as the base.
- Add white feather boas for a touch of luxury.
- Lay two disco ball light-up garlands on top of the boas.
- In the center, place two large disco balls and three smaller disco balls for a dazzling centerpiece.
- Add sequin curly picks emanating from the center of the disco ball arrangement.
- Optionally, scatter votives for a warm and inviting glow.
Set Up a Silver and Gold “CHEERS” Buffet
Now, let’s talk about the buffet. Here’s how I transformed it into a festive spread:
- Hang two iridescent doorway party garlands behind the buffet, secured with small nails or thumbtacks.
- Use command strips to hang the “CHEER” letters on the wall above the buffet.
- Incorporate disco ball picks on top of cupcakes to echo the theme.
- Enhance the backdrop with the same disco ball light-up garland, along with pine branches for a natural touch. I love the way the disco ball garland shines the light up and illuminates the iridescent fringe garland above!
- Draw a clock on top of a cake using black icing.
- Put party hats and horns on a cake plate for a beautiful display and easy access.
Everything I used for these fabulous setups is readily available at Hobby Lobby. From disco ball ornaments to light-up garlands, you’ll find all the supplies you need to make your New Year’s Eve celebration truly unforgettable.
Supplies for Your Sparkling NYE Party at Home
- Disco ball ornaments (Christmas decor aisle)
- Large disco balls (Party aisle)
- Disco ball light-up garland (Party aisle)
- Disco ball cupcake toppers (Party aisle)
- Fringed banner (Party aisle)
- Sequin fabric (Fabric department)
- White feather boas (Craft aisle)
- Paper mache letters (Craft aisle)
- Command strips
- Votives (optional)
Head over to Hobby Lobby, where the magic of crafting meets the excitement of New Year’s Eve. Make this celebration a shimmering success with the perfect supplies from your favorite crafting destination. Cheers to a sparkling start to the New Year!
Follow along with Hobby Lobby for Inspiration
Happy New Year!