This post is brought to you by Michaels.
I had such a fun time creating my Sunburst Mirror Holiday Tree.
Thanks Michaels for the gift card to create this tree. I know Sunburst Mirrors have been so popular lately — I thought it would be fun to create a Sunburst Mirror Ornament. I went over to Michaels wood section and found their huge selection of different sizes of popsicles sticks – perfect!!
I bought a few sizes of popsicle sticks, and some small mirrors, some small pom pom ribbon, coasters, glitter and glue. Then I went home to figure it all out.
Here’s how I made the DIY Popsicle Stick Sunburst Mirror Ornaments!
Three different sizes of popsicle sticks
Small round mirrors
Pom pom ribbon
Coasters (2 per ornament)
Gold Spray Paint
- Lay one coaster out and then add the three different sizes of popsicle sticks. I started with one size and laid 8 of them out evenly and then filled in the gaps with the other sizes.
- Once the sticks are all arranged, hot glue them onto the bottom coaster.
- Then add a layer of hot glue over the top of the popsicle sticks and lay another coaster on top of the sticks, lining up the two coasters.
- Then hot glue a length of pom pom ribbon around the edge of the outside.
- Spray paint the whole ornament with gold spray paint and sprinkle some glitter on top of the ornament while the paint is still wet.
- The last thing is to hot glue the round mirror into the middle of the ornament.
- To hang the ornament to you can glue a little loop of ribbon to the back if you want. I just placed the ornaments in the tree between the branches and they are big enough that the branches hold them in place.
I love the way the light reflects in the mirrors. It’s so pretty with the tree all lit up! You can see more about my tree and little entryway drop zone on my Tree Reveal Post.
And have you seen all of the other amazing trees that bloggers have created?? Head over to Michael’s Facebook Page to see them all. There are so many ideas — inspiration for YOUR Christmas tree this year!
Thanks for stopping by!!
This post was sponsored by Michaels; however, the opinions, instructions and project are all mine. See my disclosures.
These sunbursts are gorgeous and your tree looks amazing!
Definitely will be making this but do you have a “how to” on your sunburst tree topper? When I first saw it, I knew it was what I have been looking for for my tree.
nest of posies says
jen – these are genius! love them so much!
Oooh I love these Jen! So cute! #goldandglam!
Jen your ideas are amazing. You inspire me so much! Love this. xoxo
Mique – you are so sweet. I feel exactly the same way about you. You are amazing!!
erin @ house envy says
Great idea and tutorial. The tree looks amazing!
Thanks Erin! I love having it up. So festive!
Brandi @ Nest of Bliss says
These are so great! I bet next year there will be versions all over department stores! Sharing on my FB page!
Maybe! That would be fun. Thanks for sharing!!
How do you come up with these awesome ideas? I really love this. I will check out the FB page. Thanks for linking to it! Rhonda
I feel like my brain is always looking for something to make LOL!!
Ohh this is such an awesome idea! I would like to try creating some of these on our Christmas tree! Great post. Thanks for posting this
I would love it if you made some!! Send me a picture if you do – I would love to feature you!