Snowflake Winter Wreath – Three Ways! I took my favorite wood DIY snowflake and showed how to use it to create THREE easy winter wreaths!
Snowflake Winter Wreath
What screams winter more than snowflakes? Christmas might be over, but you can still use snowflakes all winter long. I kept my giant hanging snowflakes above our front door and designed a snowflake-themed porch!
DIY Wreath Ideas
My friends are sharing the most adorable DIY Winter Wreaths today. Scroll down and click over to see their winter wreath ideas!
I shared earlier how to create a DIY Snowflake that can be used in a smaller size for a wreath but also in a larger size for decor! You can check out both of those posts for all of the dimensions and cut angles to create two different DIY wood snowflakes.
Three Winter Snowflake Wreaths
Now I am going to share THREE different wants to create wreaths with the DIY wood snowflakes. Let me know which one is YOUR favorite!
Fluffy Yarn Snowflake Wreath
The first is a really soft and whimsical snowy-looking snowflake wreath. I used loopy yarn and wrapped it around a wreath form and then attached the snowflake in the middle.
You can find out how I made it here — DIY Snowflake Winter Wreath.
Wood Bead Snowflake Wreath
The second wreath is just as simple. You can buy round wood bead wreath forms at Hobby Lobby! Then I just put the snowflake in the middle. I hung it with fishing wire so it looks like it is suspended in the middle of the wreath. Then I tied ribbon at the top. Seriously easy!
Eucalyptus Snowflake Winter Wreath
The third idea is using a eucalyptus wreath and putting the snowflake in the middle. I am not sure which one is my favorite. What do you think? Regardless which wreath you prefer, all three are so easy to make. Just follow the directions on the DIY Wood Snowflake tutorial and then choose how you want to display your snowflake. You can always just display it alone too on a mantel or shelf or just hang the snowflake directly on your front door with no wreath form! Simplicity!
Create a Snowflake Doorway
I put my snowflake wreath on my porch! You can create a festive winter Doorway at your home too!
- Create a Snowflake Wreath – whichever way you prefer.
- Giant Paper Snowflakes. See below on two different ways to use big snowflakes. I used these giant ones on my porch this year. But last year I hung smaller snowflakes around our front door. I added some fluffy snowball garlands too!
- Giant Wood Snowflake – Make a bigger version of the snowflake in your wreath. Put the bigger snowflake on a stool or chair by your front door. Or you can lean it against the side of the door on the ground too.
- Add trees – I added some trees of different sizes to the sides of the doorway. I use the trees at Christmas and then take the ornaments off the trees so they are plain in the winter.
- Twinkle Lights – twinkle lights aren’t just for the holidays! I use twinkle lights all year round around my front door. I think clear twinkle lights are so warm and cozy for winter!
- Lanterns – lanterns are so cozy in the winter. You can use ones that use real candles or battery-operated candles that are on timers!
9 Winter Wreath Ideas
Cozy Winter Scarf Wreath // Modern Glam
DIY Antler Wreath // My Sweet Savannah
Easy Felt Wreath DIY // Happy Happy Nester
A Delicate Winter Wreath // Finding Lovely
Five Minute Winter Wreath // My 100 Year Old Home
Winter Snowflake Wreath – 3 Ways // Tatertots & Jello
Gorgeous DIY Winter Wreath for 20 Dollars // Twelve On Main
Grapevine Pinecone Wreath // Lolly Jane
DIY Olive Branch Wreath // The Happy Housie
More Winter Decor Ideas
Here are a few inspiring winter ideas!
Winter is the perfect time to work on some home projects! Here are Home DIYS, winter recipes and gift ideas!
Bright and beautiful ways to make your home more cheerful this winter!
Which is YOUR favorite??