One of my favorite New Year’s Eve recipes is Italian Seven-Layer Dip! This year, I decided to mix it up a bit and make individual dip servings (large ones!) in glasses – wide enough for dipping.
I love the look because you can see the individual layers as you dip … no more scooping it out and mixing the layers (#insignificanthostessproblems LOL).
And here’s the recipe!
The original recipe is here if you don’t want to make the individual ones!
* * * * *
What are your favorite New Year’s Eve recipes?
- 2 15-ounce cans of white beans (I used Bush’s Great Northern Beans), drained.
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 7- oz.Pesto Sauce
- 8 oz. Jar of Roasted Red Peppers, chopped
- 3 cups of finely shredded Italian Cheese
- 6 ounces of fresh Basil, chopped
- 3 Plum (Roma) Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped. I only used about half a can but you can add as much as you like.
- Take the first 6 ingredients, and combine them together in a blender, and spread this layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Spread a layer of pesto over the bean layer.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese.
- Then add a layer of chopped roasted, red pepper over the top with the second layer of cheese.
- Then add the chopped basil.
- Add the chopped roma tomatoes.
- And the final step is a layer of artichoke hearts and a fine layer of cheese.
- This is a yummy dip — serve it with sliced baguette bread or crackers. Should make 8-12 individual servings in small containers or glass bowls.