Welcome to the Summer of Paper series – where we’ve invited fabulous guests to create projects using supplies from my Home + Made paper decor line.
Hi Everyone! I’m Erin and I’m the owner and designer behind Strawberry Mommycakes! I design fun and adorable printables for parties and crafts that can fit any budget. I have three adorable kids and the most supportive husband in the world. I’m excited to share this 3D Paper Garland Tutorial with you guys!
I’m always looking for new ways to decorate my parties. Paper is my very favorite thing to craft with…so my party decor is almost always created with paper products. This 3D Garland is fun, cute and really easy to make using Jen’s Home + Made collection from Pebbles in my Pocket by American Crafts.
What you’ll need:
- Homemade 12X12 Paper Pad
- 2″ Circle Hole Punch
- Glue Gun
- Bakers Twine
Optional (but kind of necessary because they’re so cute!):
- Gold Metal Clips
- Chalkboard Labels
- Cream and Gold Striped Paper
- Permanent white chalkboard marker
- Choose your favorite pages from the Paper Pad and cut out six circles of each page (I used eight pages to make eight pieces of the garland).
- Fold each circle in half with the design sides facing each other.
- Hot glue the white side of one circle to another one.
- Repeat gluing until you have six pieces glued together.
- Once you have made all your 3D circles, hot glue some bakers twine to the crease in one of the circles and repeat for each circle.
To make the cute cards, just cut out a piece of the scrapbook paper to 2.5″x3.5″ and stick the chalkboard sticker to the front. Write a cute note with a chalkboard marker and attach it to the garland with the gold clips. Easiest party decor ever, right?
I can’t wait to try out more paper crafts from Jen’s new Home Made Collection! OH, the possibilities!
I’d love it if you checked out my blog for more tutorials and party ideas!
Thanks Erin! I just love seeing all these fun projects come in. So much creativity! This garland is so darling and I can see it hanging somewhere fun like a nursery, too!
I’ve loved looking around Erin’s blog. Here are a few of her projects that I love:
Her recipes look amazing! I love a good salad recipe, and this Nectarine Summer Salad looks so yummy!
Her printables are just so fun too! She even has this free Printable Inside Out Emotions Board Game!
And, I love these darling Reusable Cupcake Toppers!