I’m on day 40 without Diet Coke. Can you believe it??
It all has to do with a #BMSChallenge that I joined in, thanks to my friend April. There’s more to it too. The BMS – stands for Body, Mind and Spirit. And it’s been great.
I’ve lost 15 pounds so far and I feel SO good. But it’s been really hard too. Not only did I have to give up my beloved Diet Coke, but also sugar. What???
And I have to say I’m not a sugar fiend, but after about a month without anything sweet, I was about to go a little psycho. So I did a little research and experimented. What I came up with is something that takes the edge off of the psycho for me when I need just a LITTLE sweetness. I tried this without the peanut butter and it wasn’t nearly as good.
So here it is. It makes a small batch but I only need about half a piece and it makes me feel like I can keep going on those days when I am struggling. My kids even like it. And it also is almost sugar free too!!
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Makes: 16 1×1 pieces.
- 4 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup of all- natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of Truvia sweetener (it’s made out of natural plants) or any other kind of natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup of half-and-half (I used fat free to cut out some calories)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- (you can add nuts if you want)
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler over medium heat.
- Once the chocolate has melted, mix in the sweetener and half-and-half and stir until dissolved. It takes 5-7 minutes.
- When the chocolate has dissolved in the half-and-half, take it off the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Put the fudge into a square container smooth it out with a spatula. Chill until cool.
- After it’s cool you can cut the fudge into pieces. To get the cuts smooth, dip the knife into water between slices.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered.
Note – this is just something I have every once in a while to satisfy my sweet tooth. The challenge is all about eating healthy, veggies, drinking tons of water and exercise. It’s really been a lifestyle adjustment and I love how healthy I feel now.
I have one more month of the challenge. It’s been so awesome so far.
What’s YOUR favorite treat to make??
Let me know in the comments!
I would love to come over and see your recipe!
Have a Great Day!