I don’t know what I would do without our crock pot. It’s so easy to throw a meal together in the morning and by dinnertime, there’s something yummy ready for everyone.
One of our favorite crock pot recipes to make in the colder months is our Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. It just hits the spot on a cold winter day.
I showed a picture of the soup cooking on Instagram last week and had quite a few people ask for the recipe. So here it is!!
- 4 12 oz cans chicken broth (recommend organic, low sodium) (can substitute chicken stock)
- 2 10.75 oz cans cream of chicken soup (low fat)
- 4-6 large chicken breasts (skinless, trimmed)
- 1 small package whole carrots, sliced (6-8 medium carrots)
- 1 small package celery (if desired), sliced (to taste)
- 1 10 or 12-oz package of egg noodles
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, chopped
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Parsley (fresh or dried) to taste
- Chives (fresh or dried) to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- As with every slow cooker recipe, this is a very easy recipe, but be sure to start early enough in the day to allow cooking time.
- Slice carrots and any other veggies into small slices - whatever size you like.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker, adding the cream of chicken soup, the chicken breasts, the veggies, fresh chopped garlic, and herbs to taste. (We like pepper, so we used quite a bit of fresh ground pepper.)
- Turn the slow cooker on low. (If you're going to be around during the day, you can cook on high for four hours and then turn on low for the remainder of the time.)
- 6-8 hours later, approximately 30 minutes before serving, check the chicken for done-ness with a fork (it should fall apart easily and have no pink color remaining).
- Start the water boiling to cook the egg noodles.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, take the chicken breasts out of the soup and place on a plate. Fork shred the chicken and put it back in the soup.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package.
- To serve, place some egg noodles in the bottom of the individual bowls and scoop soup on top.
- If you're using fresh chives, you can garnish with those.
Do you love using YOUR slow cooker??
What is your favorite recipe?
Let us know in the comments. We would love to come over and see YOUR favorite recipe!!
Have a Wonderful Day!!