Guest Project — Anthropologie-inspired Bib Necklace!!

I think I’ll spare you all the mushy details about the admiration, respect and general happy feelings I have towards Jen and the fabulous TT&J blog.  She is basically pure awesome {but you all know that}, so I’ll skip to the real reason I am here today…

To teach you how to make this super duper, crazy easy, Anthropologie inspired, lace and pearl bib necklace.

And this is me, Little Miss Momma {aka Ashley}, wearing said necklace and taking photos of myself through the bathroom mirror {I kinda do that a lot}.

I have a little blog where I like to write about my life lessons as a Momma-in-training {with some occasional crafting during nap time}.

And now, lets make a necklace together:

Here’s what you need:

Beige felt {about a square foot}

Pretty Trimming/Lace

Necklace chain {mine is 24 inches, but 18 works well too}

Pearls or other embellishments

Glue gun

First, cut out three felt circles in the size you want your lace flowers.

Cut one circle larger than the others–this will be the middle flower.

Apply a circle of hot glue around the border of one of the felt circles.

Apply the edge of the lace to the the glue.

Continue this process until you have glued down the lace spiraled all the way to the center. Cut the extra lace and glue down the end.

Glue down your pearl embellishments into the center of your flowers.Now, lay out the flowers on top of the felt in the shape of your necklace.

Glue down the middle flower first.

Next, we get the chain ready.

Here is the chain I ended up using {not the same as the one in the supplies picture}.

Cut the necklace in half.

Apply hot glue to the back of the flower and lay about 3/4 inch of the chain in the glue.

Repeat the same step with the other chain piece.

Now turn over the flowers and glue them into place on either side of the center flower. Lastly, trim the remaining felt from around the flowers.

And that’s it!

Here is another necklace I made using a similar tutorial {click here}.

Happy Crafting!

xoxo,

-ashley

Thanks Ashley!!!

Do you know Little Miss Momma?? If not — you are really missing out! Ashley is one of my favorite bloggers ever! There are so many reasons I think she’s awesome — she’s funny, she’s sincere, she’s adorable and she’s honest. Plus she’s so talented!!

Are these Glamour Gloves the cutest gift idea ever, or what?

This arrangement is such a simple and beautiful idea!

This Funky Push Pin Board is another great homemade gift idea!

And, I loved her “Secrets Series. So honest and powerful.

You will love her blog!!!

PRETTY IN PINK--White flower ring with PINK filigree band

{oh, did I mention that she has a beautiful etsy shop?
I MAY have an obsession with her rings, just saying…}

And, I am so excited to be blogging over at Ashley’sbeautiful blog today. I am sharing the Whimsical Felt Trees I made for my family room mantle. Come over and say hi!

Have a great day!

And have you checked out the Groopdealz today??? It’s Brittany’s Ruffle Rings — for $4!!!! Make a wonderful stocking stuffer, teacher gift or gift for a friend!!

PS — Thanks everyone who has linked up their Homemade Gift Ideas for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Party!! Almost 400 ideas have been linked up so far!! And, don’t forget to check out today’s CRAFT linky party over at Craft Envy, along with more giveaways!!

Comments

1. Renita Sims says:

Thanks for sharing your talent. Awesome & very tasteful.

2. Kathy Williams says:

Very nice blog with great items and ideas! Where can I get the pink and white ring pictured?
    Thanks

3. WOW…absolutely stunning. What amazes me is that it’s so easy a Cave man can do it :D H:ave to post this on my blog…brides will be thrilled. Thanks. All credit to you;)

4. Denyse Bosh says:

I love absolutely everything on your website! THANK YOU for the tutorial on making flowers! I cant wait to get started…

Please feel free to send me anything and everything you have!!

Best regards,
    Denyse Bosh

5. Lady Bee says:

L-O-V-E this necklace! And the tutorial makes it look so easy…can't wait to try it for myself :-)

Lady Bee

6. I love the tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

7. Gina Leigh says:

This is such a cute idea. I love Anthropogie!! Love your blog too. :-)

8. Black and White {Side by Side} says:

I'm so in love with BOTH of your blogs!!! Great tutorial LMM, thanks for sharing! :)

9. Molly Smith says:

This is so cute, the possibilities are endless! Can't wait to make these. Ashely, your tutorial is one of the best I've seen! Thanks for sharing your talent :)

10. Great idea!

11. Ali Rockwell says:

That is soooooo pretty! And I actually think I could make it so that makes it even better!! :)

12. Ashley! These bib necklaces are beautiful! I especially love the gray one. Nice job.

13. Diane {Created by Diane} says:

So cute, I love it :)

14. House Queen says:

SO stinking cute! I don't know if I can pull it off myself or not! I am in love with the grey one!

15. WOW would have never guessed she made that! Looks like she bought it! So cute!

Paula

16. Brittany@Love Stitched says:

I love Ashley! She is such a doll!

17. LOVE both necklaces and am definitely checking out a new blog! Yay!

18. amberstarr82 says:

Love the grey necklace so much! Such a great way to spice up a simple outfit!

19. I love this idea! I got a shirt that had similar flowers on it, but they get covered up every time I put on a sweater :-( so I love the idea of having the flowers on a necklace!

20. Love this necklace! That's something I think I can handle! So darling!!

21. Sheila @ Dodging Raindrops says:

I can't believe how great it looks and so frugal! Thanks for sharing this!!

22. SUPER cute!!!

23. ob-sessed!!!!!

24. That's one nice necklace. I love the gray one too!

Helen Neely

25. Such a Beautiful necklace Ashley!

26. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

This necklace is beautiful!!! Definitley going to have to go check out her blog!!!

27. those are SUPER cute.
    love it
    thanks for sharing

bB

28. I just found Ashley's blog last night and am in LOVE with this necklace!! I'm excited to try it out. :)

29. Whatever Dee-Dee wants says:

I love that necklace! Thanks for sharing this tutorial.

30. Love Little Miss Momma! Thanks for sharing her tutorial :)

31. Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

YAY! So happy to be on TT&J today! I am famous for a day, LOL!
    You are the BEST Jen!

32. theUngourmet says:

This necklace is so stinkin' adorable! I love the gray one too!

33. Oh my gosh! How cute is this necklace?! I adore it. I'm definitely going to try it (: Thanks for introducing me to a new blog!

34. Love this. If I get my rear in gear, do you think I could finish them for teacher's gifts this week? Hmmmm.

35. amycornwell says:

I am SO excited to make these. Someone gifted me a TON of lace and I wasn't sure I'd ever use it but now I will. Thank you!!

1. […] (vía Facil y Sencillo) | 3. Collar de camisetas (vía MyCakies) | 4. Collar de flores (vía Tatertots and jello) | 5. Collar de palillos (vía […]

2. […] Et pour finir un joli collier romantique et bucolique à souhait sur le blog de Tatertots ans Jello. […]

3. [...] Et pour finir un joli collier romantique et bucolique à souhait sur le blog de Tatertots ans Jello. [...]

4. [...] Lace & Pearl Necklace – Tatertots & Jello [...]

5. [...] Lace and Pearl Bib Necklace – Tatertots and Jello {Little Miss Momma} [...]