15 minute Sweater Refashion for $2

Here’s an $2 solution to update a blah sweater.
I found this gathered ribbon at Hobby Lobby. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it at the time.
First I placed the ribbon on the sweater and pinned it on.
At the ends of the zig zags the ribbon folds UNDER and wraps down to the next row. I also let the ribbon overlap at the ends of the sweater, so when the cardigan is butoned, that ribbon lays against the other side of the sweater.
And, like the Anthro sweater, the zig zags are not perfectly lined up. It gives the sweater a more unexpected look.

I am linking up to Kimba’s DIY Day
Today’s Creative Blog
Reinvented’s Trash to Treasure party

And if you would like to enter the big PeachyCheap scrapbook giveaway — worth over $100, click HERE.

Have a fabulous day!

Comments

1. abby @ tales and trials says:

Your sweater re-do turned out so cute! I really need to get a sewing machine. :)

2. You are making me want to find my sewing machine….

3. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

So pretty! I love the asymmetry of the trim! Great job!

I'm hosting a party and would love to have you come over and link this up!

4. I love, LOVE this. So cute. Great ribbon too! I have a new carnival on Thursdays called Make it, Wear it if you want to drop by and link up!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

5. What a FABULOUS idea! I might just have to find me a cute little cardi at Goodwill and give it a try!

6. Kimm at Reinvented says:

Holy cow, Jen, you are so talented. This is one amazing sweater, I like it better than your inspiration from Anthro. Way cool girl!

7. I love that! You are so clever. I am jealous. oops. I am not supposed to be jealous. I am applauding your talent…and praying for a fraction of it to enter my creative brain 😉

I just love you and love the stuff you come up with.

8. I just saw a super cute girl wearing this the other day. It made me wish that I could sew! Now, yours really makes me wish I could sew! So, do you think I could hot glue it?

9. very cute! i love your ideas! and i love your blog name! :)

10. oh Jen! oh how I love you… seriously? love this!!!

11. Wow that is impressive…really impressive. Great sweater!!

12. ~Lavender Dreamer~ says:

It looks fabulous on you! I love it! ♥

13. Becca @ Blue Cricket Design says:

"Sew" Beautiful!!! Love this!

14. Julie Harward says:

I "crazy love" that…another totally amazing creation! You are so awesome girl…this would be darling on any age girl too. Way to go…just love it! Come say hi 😀

15. I love it! What an unexpected look! You continue to amaze!

16. Love it :) Great pic of you Jen!

Denissa

17. michelle@somedaycrafts says:

Looks so cute! You make it beautiful because you are beautiful!

18. Adorable sweater! :)

But, heads up, the three link-squares you posted (that looked cool enough that I wanted to follow them) only link to the pictures, not to the sites :(

19. Adorable sweater! :)

20. Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com says:

So cute!! Great idea, thanks for sharing. I'm posting it at the Dollar Store Crafts Facebook page!

21. jennykate77 says:

I LOVE this sweater!! So so cute. I don't know if I could do this b/c I have zero sewing ability, but I think I have a friend who could do it for me. Thank you for the idea!!

Hope you're having a great week!♥

22. Oh my gosh!!! Too cute! You are so good at this!

23. My goodness, that came out cute!!! Love it!

24. how adorable! Another cutie project!

candy

25. Catholic Chicks says:

Cool!!

26. I guess I have to get back in the car and go to Hobby Lobby…..Thanks! It is super cute! I saw some cute, but boring, cardigans at Costco this morning. Guess I'll go buy one!

Super cute, Jen! :) I love the little ruffles on the ribbon. I am just loving all the "knock-offs" I've been seeing lately…encouraging to know that you don't have to spend $$$ to have something cute. :) Thanks for the visit!

28. Rachel@oneprettything.com says:

That is so much fun, I love the look of that gathered ribbon. Thanks for the how-to, I'll be linking.

29. Wow that is so cute! I love it!

30. frillsfluffandtrucks says:

Nice job. I love that ribbon–I wish we had Hobby Lobby stores out here.

~ Sarah

31. Very cute! I love the idea. I also love your pose. You look fab.

This looks so great on you! Clever!

Sue

33. Sonja @ Craft-Werk says:

Hey Jen, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. Returning the visit and loving your sweater refashion. Beautiful. Great idea – an excellent look!

34. Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful says:

Jen- that looks great! You are the cutest, hippest momma ever!!

35. Very cute sweater! You are ~oh so ~ creative! =O)

36. myletterstoemily says:

super cute idea! my girls and i are always
    looking for ways to personalize assembly
    line gap sweaters.

thanks for the tip!

37. DreamKween says:

I *adore* anthro. I love their stores too. Your sweater came out so cute!

38. Super cute sweater–love it!

39. Ooh, love it! That ribbon is too cute. Personally I like your sweater way better than the anthropologie one. Thanks for sharing!

40. wow-what a difference-so cute! Thanks for sharing!

41. much! cute than the anthro sweater!
    i love it!

42. So cute Jen! You are so hip! ;o)

43. Seriously, seriously cute! I'm definitely adding this one to my list. :)

44. Love! Now, go strike a pose! :)

45. What a big change to a plain ole black sweater! That's awesome!

46. Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations says:

wow! That looks great!

47. I have so many shirts just waiting to be refashioned. I just have not had the guts to do it. Thanks for the inspiration :) I would love for you to share this with my readers on check me out saturdays

48. cute!

49. Erin @ Puddin' Sugar says:

So simple yet very chic! Love it, and thanks for the inspiration!

50. That looks great! I have some of that ribbon. I had bought it for something else, but I may spiff up a little cardi!

Thanks!

51. onegirliegirl says:

I lurve this idea! You look like you should be the model at Anthro!!

xoxo ~Lisa

52. ♥Amber Filkins♥ says:

SO cute Jen!! ♥ it!

53. Ooo, I love how this turned out. So pretty. BTW, I decorated a dollar store tray and am THRILLED with my results!! Thanks for the idea :)

54. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

Just like your previous reincarnations, I like yours better than the inspiration pictures, Jen!

55. Beth@The Stories of A to Z says:

Totally cute and very anthroesque! Love it.

56. Beth@The Stories of A to Z says:

Totally cute and very anthroesque! Love it.