Over The Door Garland: Valentine’s Day Edition. Valentine’s Day garland with DIY yarn-wrapped hearts, twinkle lights and pink disco balls.
Over The Door Garland: Valentine’s Day Edition
The holiday season is always a magical time for decorating. And this year, the viral trend of over-the-door garlands caught my eye. I decided to give it a try, and I was delighted with the results. The combination of gingerbread ornaments, velvet ribbon, and battery-operated lights created a cozy and festive atmosphere perfect for Christmas. However, as the holiday season came to an end, I found myself reluctant to part with the charming over-the-door garland. That’s when I decided to transform it into a delightful Valentine’s Day edition!
Transitioning from Christmas to Winter Wonderland
After the Christmas celebrations concluded, I didn’t want to lose the enchanting ambiance created by the over-the-door garland and twinkling lights. Instead, I decided to keep the pine garland and lights in place, transitioning from a Christmas theme to a winter wonderland. The evergreen pine garland provided the perfect backdrop for a versatile and creative transformation.
Yarn-Wrapped Hearts: A DIY Valentine’s Day Touch
To infuse a Valentine’s Day spirit into the winter decor, I opted for a simple yet charming DIY project: yarn-wrapped hearts. Here’s how you can create these lovely additions to your over-the-door garland:
- Cut out hearts using cardboard: Start by cutting heart shapes out of cardboard. You can make them as big or as small as you prefer, depending on your garland’s size.
- Attach a string with hot glue: Flip the heart over and add a dab of hot glue to the backside. Attach a string to create a hanging loop.
- Wrap the yarn around the middle: Apply hot glue to the middle of the heart and wrap the yarn around it. Ensure the yarn covers the entire heart, creating a cozy and textured appearance.
- Secure the yarn on both sides: Repeat the process on both sides of the heart, adding hot glue along the edges to prevent the yarn from slipping down.
- Finish with a hanging loop: Once the entire heart is covered in yarn, cut the string and tuck it behind the yarn. Cut a 10-inch piece of yarn, tie it in a knot, and glue it to the back of the heart, positioning the loop near the top for a straight and elegant hang.
Now, hang these handmade yarn-wrapped hearts on your over-the-door garland to infuse a sweet Valentine’s Day touch into your winter decor.
Pink Disco Balls for a Playful Vibe
To add a playful and festive element to the Valentine’s Day edition of the over-the-door garland, I incorporated pink disco balls. Here’s a simple way to do it:
- Cut the disco ball garland apart: If you have a disco ball garland, cut it into individual pieces.
- Add an ornament hook: Attach an ornament hook to each pink disco ball piece.
- Hang up the pink disco balls: Integrate these disco ball ornaments into your over-the-door garland by simply hanging them up. The reflective surfaces of the disco balls will catch the light from the twinkling lights, creating a delightful and eye-catching display.
Enjoying the Twinkle Lights All Winter Long
With the addition of yarn-wrapped hearts and pink disco balls, my over-the-door garland seamlessly transitioned from Christmas to Valentine’s Day, maintaining its charm throughout the winter season. The twinkling lights, now accompanied by these handmade and festive elements, continue to bring warmth and joy to my home.
Supply List for Your Valentine’s Day Over-The-Door Garland
To recreate this Valentine’s Day edition of the over-the-door garland, here’s a handy supply list with links to help you gather everything you need:
- Pine Garland
- Battery-Operated Lights
- Cardboard for Yarn-Wrapped Hearts
- Yarn in whatever colors you want
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pink Disco Ball Garland
- Ornament Hooks
Now you’re all set to embark on your own creative journey and transform your over-the-door garland into a delightful Valentine’s Day masterpiece. Enjoy the process and the festive atmosphere it brings to your home!
More Valentine’s Day Ideas!
Here are a few more DIY Valentine’s Day projects to create!
Easy DIY Valentine’s Day Porch. Create a lovely Valentine porch with a homemade garland, painted signs, pillows and an easy DIY wreath.
issue Paper Valentine Tree Centerpiece. Use inexpensive sheets of tissue paper to create a sweet valentine tree for a centerpiece or focal point!
Three free valentine hearts in different patterns that you can download and use to create canvases, pillows and art for your home!
Have a Beautiful day!