I am Anna from over at Ask Anna and I’m so excited to be here with you today. ‘
Ask Anna is a blog that answers reader’s questions about cleaning, organizing and decorating. Today I am going to show you how I organize my daughter’s clothes for the upcoming seasons by sizes.
What I’ve started doing is buying her new clothes for the next year at clearance prices this year.
But what do I do with all of the clothes?
Currently I’m only use the right side of my daughter’s closet for the current season’s clothing so I decided to organize the upcoming sized clothing on the left side.
- First I started out by separating the items into three categories: 3T, 4T and 5T.
- Then I headed out to Micheal’s to purchase what I needed to make separating tags. Since my daughter is my little princess I wanted to make something glamorous and fabulous, even if it is just going to be in the closet. 🙂
- Here’s what I ended up buying: pink, sparkly letters, plastic charms (that look like large diamonds), small crowns and colorful ribbon.
I thought these would be the perfect charms for a Princess closet.
What girl doesn’t love a little bling?!
- I started by putting them together on a small ring. Then I closed the ring so that I could add the ribbon.
- Then I added the sparkly letters to show the different sizes that we have stored in the closet. Here’s what they looked like without the ribbon.
- I also made a “w” because I think I might use it for winter coats.
The best part is they were inexpensive to make and only took me about 5 minutes to put them together!
Thank you so much for having me Jen!
One of my goals this year was to get organized. So this post is so helpful!!! And I am hoping we can talk Anna into sharing more organization ideas to help us get our lives on track.
Some of the other ideas on Anna’s site are:
registry cleaner says
Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally different subject but it
has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!
Amy Tong says
I love your idea of the closet dividers! SO clever! 🙂 I need that for my kids’ closets! It’ll be my little weekend project for next week.