Hello TT&J readers, Jen here visiting again. I want to share no sew pumpkin tutorial.
It’s always a delight to be here on one of my favorite blogs.
So today I am sharing with you my
“NO SEW Fabric Pumpkins!”
They are easy and oh’ so cute.
You can pick any fabrics you want for this project. I think that this project cost around $12.00 – 14.00 dollars.
However, if you have fabric on hand, a glue gun, some ribbon some polly fill, garbage bags, scissors, and rubber bands then this project will cost you nothing.
Here is a tutorial from TOP left to BOTTOM right image:
- First take your bag/grocery store (I used doggie disposal bags, or diaper disposal bags would work great too) and I filled it with poly-fil to my desired amount.
- Next I pushed out some air and tied a small rubber band around the bag. I clipped off the extra un-needed bag. Then I placed the bag in the center of my fabric square, I gathered all corners, tucking were needed and pulled everything to the top center.
- I again wrapped the pulled fabric in some more rubber bands, and too cut off the extra un-needed fabric.
- To embellish the fabric pumpkin I then hot glued some ribbon around the pumpkin two pieces connecting from one end to another. Lastly I moved onto the stem. I took some cut green polka dot ribbon and hot glued them from one end to the other.
- TIP: for the second piece of hot glued ribbon I made sure I tucked in any extra sticking out fabric by pinching it into the first piece of glued ribbon.
- I finished the pumpkin stem with some rick rack and some jute. You can add your favorite ribbon trims.
This project was super easy to do, I probably spent around 30 minutes total making these.
Thank you so much jen for the opportunity to
post here again.
I also love meeting new people, and would love to see you stop by COM
Those pumpkins are so fun. Thanks for sharing them with us for Pumpkin Week!
Here are a few other awesome things happening at Craft-O-Maniac
I love the way Jen decorates her hutch for the seasons — Vintage Fall Hutch
Be sure to check out Jen’s ideas at Craft-O-Maniac.
I love her projects and HUGE heart. She is so sweet!!
PS — My Halloween Plate wall is coming up tomorrow for Pumpkin Week!
This is perfect for me since im don’t know how to use a sewing machine! Thanks for sharing this with us
buttercream bakehouse says
great Halloween ideas. My daughter loves no sew fabric projects. Thanks for sharing.
Too cute! I think I may have just found what I’m going to do with all my leftover fabric scraps!
Thanks for the amazing visit, its always a pleasure. Lots and lots of love, and fun pumpkin making. XO, jen
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy) says
These pumpkins are so fun! I love a simple “no sew” project.
Check out my cute little felt pumpkins. So easy, you could make a bunch in no time. 🙂 http://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.ca/2011/10/purple-halloween-plaque.html
Super cute Jen! I would have never thought to do this! I would say that you are a genius! Thanks for being awesome! I heart you!!
Thanks for the fun tutorial Jen. You are the best. I am excited to make some pumpkins!!
These are so cute. Hope I get a chance to make these.