I wanted to make this a very inexpensive craft because budgets are tight around this time of the year. (Especially when the 8 year old throws a surprise request for a $130 Lego set to Santa. WHA?!)
Anyway, I’m keeping my extracurricular activities on the cheap. Like dollar store cheap. I got almost all of my supplies at the dollar store (we have Dollar Tree in my neck of the woods). Many of you may have this stuff already in your house which makes it even cheaper!
What you need:
- Glass Jar (mine are from Dollar Tree but you could use an old pickle jar or jelly jar, whatever you have around)
- Kosher Salt (mine is from Dollar Tree but maybe you already have some? (I did but forgot, duh…)
- Bottle Brush type Christmas tee (supposedly Dollar Tree had these but I didn’t see any, I got this package of 2 for .75 cents at Menards! (Less than a $1, take that Dollar Tree!) Look near the Christmas Village items at Menards.
- Glue gun or super glue. (already had it and surely Dollar Tree has some generic super glue)
- Jute Rope or Ribbon (I already had it but Dollar Tree does carry a smaller roll of it)
You can add as much or as little “snow” as you like. One of the boys went a little crazy claiming it was a blizzard and filled the jar almost all the way up. I talked him out of the snow storm so we could actually see the tree. 🙂
|Action shot… it’s snowing!!|
Visit Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Such a great and simple art project for my girls!
This is such a fun idea! Looks easy too. I’m going to try this!xoxo
Thanks for the fun idea Kate!!