Welcome to the Summer of Paper series – where we’ve invited fabulous guests to create projects using supplies from my Home + Made paper decor line.
Hi, I’m Niki Meiners, and I’m a contributor at 365 Days of Crafts. I’m so excited to be here today!
I grew up in a small mid-western town and was surrounded by a modest and resourceful family. My simple upbringing spurred my “Can do” attitude and gave me the confidence to try any challenge placed before me. I knew there was more out there than just my small town and set off after high school to explore the world. Through these travels, I discovered my love of art. It was not until I suffered a paralyzing illness that I realized I wanted to reconsider my corporate career as a Chief Paper Pusher, and my thoughts turned to my first passion, art. In 2003 I began an odyssey that would take me from product design to publication and everywhere in between.
I’m excited to share my Easy handmade cards I made with Jen’s Cottage Living Paper collections. The stunningly simple card trio looks great and is very easy to make.
Supplies for Easy handmade cards:
- Home + Made – Chalkboard stickers, Gold Stickers and Country Living Paper collection, Clear Acrylic Stamps #732792
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- White ink
- Acrylic Block
- Tape Runner
- Jute Cording
Instructions for Easy handmade cards:
Card one – Do what you love
- Cut card stock to 8×8 and fold in half to form a card base of 4×8.
- Cut pattern paper to 3.5×7.5 and adhere to front
- Use a contrasting pattern and cut a piece to 2×4 and adhere to front.
- Stamp sentiment onto card stock label.
- Tie jute around label and add a button to the knot.
- Adhere to card front
Card Two – HI card
- Cut card stock to 6×12 and fold in half to form a card base of 6×6.
- Cut pattern paper to 5.5 x 5.5 and adhere to front
- Cut the letters H and I from the pattern paper. Adhere to a piece of card stock. Trim off excess and adhere to front.
- Tie jute around front Panel
Card Three- I adore you
- Cut card stock to 8×6 and fold in half to form a card base of 4×6.
- Cut strips off back side of pattern paper sheets.
- Weave the strips and adhere to front
- Stamp sentiment onto card stock on bottom right.
Thanks Niki! Seriously gorgeous cards! I really love how she used the extra little strips on the back side of the pattern paper to make a woven card. Here are some more fabulous ideas of Niki’s that I know you’ll love:
I love her Super Fluffy Tutu Tutorial! It would be perfect for Halloween costumes!
And this Ruffled Teepee Tent is just darling! Perfect for curling up with a good book!
I also love her Beach Themed Candy bar decorations she made for her daughters mermaid party.
Beautiful cards!! I love making my own cards and these are beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial 🙂