This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hobby Lobby Fall. All opinions are 100% mine.
Boho Cottage Fall Tablescape. Create a warm and inviting table by making a DIY table runner, pillows and a beautiful footed bowl centerpiece filled with textured, fabric-covered pumpkins and leaves.
Boho Cottage Fall Tablescape
Happy Fall, my friends!! Are you getting SO excited for cooler weather and creating memories? One of my favorite ways to connect with our family is over family dinner. No matter if we are sitting down to a fancy sunday dinner, soup in the crockpot during the week or even take out, I love to create a warm and inviting table! I partnered with Hobby Lobby to create this easy and timeless boho cottage tablescape. I love it because it’s casual, warm and cozy!
Three DIY Projects to Create a Boho Cottage Fall Tablescape
To create this warm and cozy fall tablescape, I created three easy DIY projects that really make this space so inviting! In just minutes you can create this pretty centerpiece for YOUR table!
Boho Cottage Fall Tablescape: Fabric-Wrapped Pumpkins
I fell in love with these Hobby Lobby fabrics. They are so pretty and cozy, especially when paired together. I love mixing patterns. The key to mixing patterns is you can mix anything that has the same colors. So for this tablescape I used black and white patterns to mix together. I used these fabrics to create pillows for our banquette. I have a super easy 10-Minute Pillow Cover tutorial if you want to make some! Pillows in your dining space makes your eating space so soft and comfortable. Once I had the pillows on our banquette I knew I wanted to create some matching pumpkins. I found this pack of white pumpkins and then I wrapped them in fabric.
How to Fabric-Wrap Pumpkins
- Pull the stem off the pumpkin.
- Use an x-acto knife or scissors and make a hole at the top and bottom of the pumpkin.
- Cut fabric into 2-inch wide strips.
- Put a dab or hot glue at the top of your pumpkin, put the end of one fabric strip into the top and wrap it around to the other end of the pumpkin. Cut the fabric strip to fit and put a dab of glue at the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Do this until the entire pumpkin is wrapped.
- Cut a branch and hot glue it to the top of the pumpkin.
Boho Cottage Fall Tablescape: Create a No-Sew Fabric Runner
I also tied the table together by creating a DIY fabric runner to match the pillows and pumpkins! It’s so easy to do! No sewing is required! There is a really cute window pane runner than you can buy in Hobby Lobby’s Fall line. The reason I wanted to create my own is because I could make it to the size of my table and to the width I wanted to make. This project seriously takes 10 minutes!
How to Make a No-Sew Table Runner:
- Decide the size you want your table runner to be.
- Cut your fabric with a 2-inch seam, so add 2 inches to each side.
- Lay the fabric on your ironing board or a work surface with a towel on top.
- Cut a piece of heat and bond material at the seam of one side with the paper-side up.
- Use iron to iron the heat and bond material along the seam, keep it straight.
- When the entire seam is done, peel the paper backing off the heat and bond strip and fold the bonded material over. To keep the seam straight, I folded the seam along the edge of the heat and bond. This keeps the edge really straight.
- Use the iron to iron the heat and bond to the other side of the fabric, creating a seam.
- Do this with all four sides.
Boho Fall Tablescape: Create a Footed Pumpkin and Leaves Centerpiece
Now it’s time to create the focal point of the tablescape!! I used this pretty dough bowl. I love the natural color and texture of the natural wood. To make the bowl stand out even more, I added some adorable round feet! Hobby Lobby has a wonderful selection of unfinished wood — unfinished wood frames, wood pieces, shelves, letters and so much more! I found a package of 4 round wood pieces with one side that is flat.
How to Create a Footed Pumpkin and Leaves Centerpiece
- Flip the dough bowl upside down and glue the round feet on, two at the front and two at the back. Flip the bowl back over.
- Layer the bowl with leaves. I also added some leaves on each side of the bowl.
- Put rattan pumpkins in the middle. Hobby Lobby has a wonderful selection of natural rattan pumpkins. I used three different kinds for this centerpiece. These chevron-patterned pumpkins are SO pretty! I put those in the middle, then layered the two other sizes and types in the bowl and on the runner on both sides of the bowl.
- Add the fabric-covered pumpkins to the bowl.
- Add green stems to the bowl and on both sides of the bowl.
- Add votives!! Ok I am OBSESSED with these mercury-glass votives! They come in THREE different metallic colors – gold, copper and a dark gold color. I scattered them around the centerpiece and they really make the tablescape! When you light these votives it will elevate your dining space and make it look so cozy and warm!! I am going to buy more so I can put some on my mantel and in my new bathroom remodel. I love the idea of lighting them so they can shine while I soak in the tub. SO relaxing!!
Head Over to Hobby Lobby for Everything You Need for Fall!
Seriously, there are so many beautiful items that can bring cozy fall vibes into your home in the fall section at Hobby Lobby! Signs, platters, plates, pumpkins galore, pillows and so much more. It’s a wonderland of fall goodness! And right now everything is 40% off – yay!!
Share YOUR Fall Finds!
Tag me @tatertotsandjello and @hobbylobby with YOUR fall projects! You can use the hashtag #HobbyLobbbyFinds so we can share your ideas. I would love to see your projects!!
Connect with Hobby Lobby
You can see more DIY seasonal ideas by following Hobby Lobby on their social channels:
Fall Fabric Pumpkins
Here’s another project that I used this Hobby Lobby fabric to create!
Have a Beautiful Day!
Hobby Lobby is my weakness… they should really have a rewards program for how much I spend there 😬
Calypso in the Country says
How pretty! I’m loving all the textures – so perfect for fall!
Thanks Shelley! You are so sweet!