I can still remember my mom making banana bread before school and we would wake up so excited because it was a change from the normal cereal or toast. The smell filled the house and when we were done she would wrap a slice for our lunch boxes. I don’t make it often but when I do I always hope it turns out as good as the bread my mom makes.
Easy Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 3 very ripe bananas – mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer combine bananas, eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix. Stir in walnuts.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray and pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
With the smell of banana bread making its way through the house I promise the loaf won’t last long. Enjoy!
Thanks Kelsey! That recipe looks so amazing. I love banana bread. I’m happy to have Kelsey back as a contributor again this year! Make sure to check out these other projects she’s been working on:
Her Chocolate Lava Cake looks mouth-watering!
She also has an awesome step-by-step tutorial for making these cute Spiker Bows!
And her Smothered and Covered Chicken Breasts look like an easy weekday dinner idea!