You’ll love this bow wreath!
I love a simple wreath. Well, let’s face it, I love pretty much any kind of wreath. Wreaths are my favorite. But there is something so pretty about a simple wreath. So this Valentine’s Day I wanted to create a simple, pretty bow wreath. And I thought it would be fun to combine the texture of satin, along with a polka dot print in this Bow Wreath!!
So here is my Satin Bow Valentine Wreath. I love it’s simplicity and under-statedness (is that a word???) I also think it would be a pretty wreath to put in a little girl’s room or a nursery!
And another fun fact about this wreath is that you can switch out the bow. So in case you want to use it for a Spring wreath, you can add a yellow or tuquoise bow later for a completely different look!
This is a less than 1 hour project.
Here’s how to make your own Interchangeable Bow Wreath:
1/4 yard of material for the bow
1/2 yard of material for the wreath
Hot Glue, Glue Dots or Pins
- Cut your wreath fabric into 4-inch side strips
- Wrap the fabric onto your wreath form, gluing or pinning the strips onto the back so the fabric looks continuous on the front of the wreath.
- Then create the bows. There are three different components in the bows. The first is the back part of the bow. I took two pieces of material and cut out a long strip with the ends with two points. I sewed those pieces together and left an opening at the center, so I could flip the material through. The center of the back will be covered up by the front part of the bow.
- The second part was the front part of the bow – which is basically a big rectangle. I folded the rectangle together until the sides touched each other, with the right sides facing inwards. Then I sewed the edges together at the top and bottom. Then I flipped the inside out so the right sides faced outwards.
- Then I sewed a 4 inch tube of material for the center of the bow. Once that was done, I wrapped the center of the bow around the large rectangle and the outer edges of the bow, making a bow shape. And then I hand-stitched the back of the bow to the center to keep the bow shape in place.
And here’s another simple bow wreath I made a few months ago – I still love it!
And here are a couple other Valentine Wreath’s I’ve made over the years:
Have you made a Valentine’s Day wreath or project??
Leave a link to your wreath or project so we can come over and see it!!
Have a beautiful day!
PS — Coming up tomorrow, a new Valentine’s Day Wreath Idea!!