I love a chance to mix things up a bit. And so when I was contacted about taking part in the Scribble Shop Challenge I jumped at the chance. I was sent a box of random crafting supplies and told to create whatever I could using as many of the products as possible. So fun!!
I loved experimenting with the products. And since I have three girls, we always need help organizing our jewelry. So I made a DIY Jewelry Organizer with chalkboard paint. My girls love the idea writing on the jewelry organizer with chalkboard pens.
And did end up using all of the items from the package – yay!!
Here’s what I used:
Walmart Bamboo Silverware Tray
Charlotte Russe Discount $1 Ring
Here’s What I Did:
- I took the Bamboo Silverware Tray and painted it with the chalkboard paint.
- Then I mod Podged fabric into two of the sections.
- After that I mod podged the lower section of the tray and then sprinked glitter over the entire section.
- While those were drying, I made a little focal point with the feathers, hot gluing turquoise and white ones on a little section of material. And then I took a $1 discount ring, took the back off so it was flat and glued that in the center.
- When the mod podged sections and the glitter was dry, I used nails and pounded them in to the top of all four top sections. And then again in the middle of two of the sections.
- Then I took the back off the gold brads and added some adhesive to the top of the nail head and attached the gold brad heads to the top of the nails. I let that dry overnight.
- I attached the feather embellishment to the organizer.
- And the last thing I did was write some words with Chalk Ink on the sides of each of the compartments. I love that the words can be changed up whenever!.
I also made a felted ball and made it into a little hair pin:
It’s a fun little project that can organize your life AND add a style statement. You can put it on a bathroom counter, a shelf in your closet, hang it on a wall or put it on your vanity.
It was fun to use products I normally wouldn’t have paired together and it required a little more creativity and thinking outside of the box. But I am so happy I got the chance to do it!!
Scribble Shop is an online site where you can buy over than 75,000 great craft supplies at FABULOUS prices. And be sure to check them out here:
Have a Beautiful Day!!
PS — It’s Friday!! I love Fridays!!! Tonight is the Weekend Wrap Up Party. It starts at 6 pm MST. I hope you can come by for the fun