Guest Project — "Love Juice" Valentine’s Day Gift Idea {with free printable}!!

Hi, I’m Kalleen from At Second Street.
I’m a mother of four who crafts to keep myself sane.
Valentines is one of my favorite holidays.  Not because I’m into all the lovey couple stuff. I have so many fond memories of making valentines boxes, delivering valentines, receiving gifts from cupid and the giant heart cookies my mom would make.
Since my kids can’t make boxes like I did, I’ve decided to help them make special valentines to give out to classmates. I was inspired to make Love Juice packets one day when my kids were begging me to have some of my Crystal Light.

There is something magical about mixing some up.
And they are delicious.
What I used:
  • a bottle of water
  • Hawaiian punch singles ($1 for a pack of 8 at Walmart)
  • a roll of heart wrapping paper (from targets $1 bins), scrapbook paper will work too.
  • avery file folder labels #48366
  • card stock for heart labels
  • ribbon
  • paper straws
  • tape
First remove water bottle label and replace with a 2″ strip of wrapping paper. I taped mine in place.
Print heart labels on card-stock.
You can find them HERE. Make sure to print in the landscape setting. I cut and matted (optional) my label. Then taped it to the middle, front of bottle with double sided tape.
Next I applied my Love Juice label to the mix pouches.
You can print my labels HERE
***update– the link is now fixed!
*They are formatted to only print on Avery file folder labels #48366.
I punched a hole in the top of the pouch and strung a ribbon through it.  I tied a knot around the neck of the bottle keeping it loose enough that I could slide a straw through as well.
That’s it, they are ready to be delivered.
Thanks so much for sharing your day with me Jen.
You are one of my favorite people in blogland.

Thanks Kalleen!!

That is absolutely adorable — just like everything you do.

If you haven’t checked out At Second Street — hop over there ASAP.

{Crepe Paper Hanging Hearts}

{Valentine Mail Pouch}

{Bunting Cake}

{Owl Shower}

You’ll see why At Second Street is at the top of my Must-See Blogs!

xoxox

Comments

1. It’s going to be finish of mine day, except
    before finish I am reading this great piece of writing to
    increase my know-how.
    web page recently posted…web page

2. Thanks for the GREAT idea! My daughter and her friend made their own custom labels for these. We cut labels out of card stock and they decorated them with markers, etc. It was a great art project for them and they were super excited to give them to their classmates today. The part I liked best about it was the fact that it was still something “store-bought” (which is a requirement at their school, no homemade items) but we could still give it a “homemade feel”. Keep the great ideas coming! Thanks again!

3. Planning to give these to my daughter’s teachers for Valentine’s Day. (The kiddos are getting something a little different). Made one tonight to demo; turned out absolutely adorable! My daughter has requested one for herself for Valentine’s Day too. :) I used the love juice label printable but just cut and taped it to the drink mix. Found a heart collage/background clip art for the bottle wrapping and snagged some $1 Valentine ribbon from Target. Thank you so much for sharing this idea!

4. Love Love love the Love Juice!! Thanks for the printables! It made it so easy! Making these for my 3rd graders Valentine party!!

5. Valintine Love Juice

The link to the printable heart center tale me to a google log in site. Not sure if this is correct.

6. How ADORABLE! I am making these for my cute little nieces immediately! They are in love with their kiddie yoga classes, and this will be a perfect gift for them to take with them. Thanks for the cute idea!

7. This blog is a great source of information which is very useful for me.

FOR BEST COLLECTION OF VALENTINE DAY PARTY IDEAS.

8. luv luv luv
    Super cute!!

9. Thank you for a really cool Valentines Day Blog. I found the gift ideas given here very interesting.
    Best Valentines Day Gift Ideas

10. love the idea, and the straws look fabulous with it!

11. This is great! I featured it today on Today's Top 20! I'd love for you to stop by!

Amanda

12. Stephanie Cameron says:

Ugh… I ran over to Orson Gygi on Saturday and they were sold out of the red paper straws!! Now that I think about it…the blue would have worked for this valentine…but not also for my party. Oh well..going in the file for next year!

13. Amanda @ Frills and Frolic says:

I love this! I featured it ! :)

Amanda

frillsandfrolic.blogspot.com

14. Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} says:

such a cute idea!

15. Idea is precious! I just sent you an email about the hearts on the labels. Thanks so much for sharing! it's great!!

16. Idea is precious! I just sent you an email about the hearts on the labels. Thanks so much for sharing! it's great!!

17. Not Just A Mommy! says:

L.O.V.E. LOVE, love! So many great ideas, not enough time! Gotta save this for next year!

18. Stephanie Cameron says:

Thanks for the darling valentine idea! My kids love mixing powder into water too! It would be cute to call it Love Potion too. Super thanks on the detail for the straws! I have been dieing to know where to pick those up. Off to Orson Gigi I go!

19. Elizabeth H. says:

Cute! I still cannot get the link for the avery labels to open – it just keeps redirecting me to this same page. :( I already printed the hearts.

20. What an adorable idea! Striped straws make everything cuter don't they?! Thanks for sharing!! :)

21. The Traveling Wife & Mommy says:

Super cuteness! I cant wait till my daughter gets to the school age so we can do things like this :)

Such a cute idea! And I love the paper straws…so cute:)

23. Sparrow's says:

I LOVE this idea! I am so going to do this when I am the room mother for my kids Valentine's party. That way I can carry them to school for them. It may be a little heavy for a 6 year old to carry 25 of them to school. lol! I love this idea! Thank you!

24. Kalleen, you are a genius, my friend. (I feel like I say that every time I comment to you, cuz it's true). I'm in LOVE with this idea! I CAN"T EVEN STAND IT!!!!

25. So cute! And so easy!

26. Kalleen at Second Street says:

Hi guys, thanks for all you kind comments. For those of you wondering where I got the straws, I bought them at the local baking supply store. It's the Orson GyGi store if you live in SLC. I've also seen them at various stores online.

27. Love the "love juice" idea! Soooo cute! Thanks for sharing! These make great & unique valentines day gifts!

28. The Fifield Kail Family! says:

this is a cute idea were do i find the paper starws. Thanks for all your inspiration

29. Very cute!!

30. These would make great teacher gifts as well!
    Love this idea- and the printables are darling!
    xoxo,
    Amy

31. Sarah @ Sugar and Shimmer says:

What an adorable and original idea! Thanks so much for sharing :)

32. Awesome idea! Perfect for my son's Valentine's Day class party! Thanks so much for always sharing the cutest ideas here!!!

33. thanks for sharing! Following her now!

34. feltsocute says:

Oh My word, I love it all! Thanks so much for all the great stuff! :)

35. Yet ANOTHER talented lady…super adorable! Kids would love them…I think adults would, too!:) Hey…be sure to pop over and sign up for my giveaway! Rosie Posie Designs is giving away one of her amazing trays…I found her on your blog! :)

36. Ladybird Ln says:

Wow, I love it, and I am a big fan of at Second Street!

37. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

How fun!!! Love the straws! :)

38. Courtney {a thoughtful place} says:

I can't get over how darling those are!!! So cute.

39. Free Pretty Things For You says:

Adorable free Printables :)

40. Jen-CraftOManiac says:

Those are so darling. Love them. jen

1. […] (as this might be my favorite of the bunch), is “Love Juice” from At Second Street, via Tatertots & Jello.  This idea is so fun and she’s made it SO adorable.  She even has a free printable so that […]

2. […] is an adorable idea from tatertots and jello blog.  Attached to the bottle of water is a packet of Hawaiian Punch that turns clear water into a red, […]

3. […] healthy-ish option, these Love Juice bottles featured at Tatertots and Jello, perfect for passing out to older […]