Spin on the Family Rules canvas

You guys are probably sick of my gushing on and on about how much I love the Family Rules Canvas {originally posted by Lindsay @ The Pleated Poppy}. And some of you have said that you wished you could do one but that your kids are all grown or your kids are too young to read or you don’t have children.
Jean @ Quincy Cottage (a.k.a my mom)– put a spin on the Family Rules canvas. She calls hers “Rules To Live By” and put it in her craft room.
great idea!

Have a great Thursday!
PS — I have another Burlap Ruffly Project to share
as soon as I have some time to post it.
And, PPS — I have had great projects sent in to me
that you guys are working on,
will you link them up on Saturday @ my Weekend Wrap Up Party?
I am excited to have everyone see them!
Love you guys!

Comments

1. Frugal Home Design says:

Love your version. Beautiful.

2. This is so cute.

3. frillsfluffandtrucks says:

Cute! I think I want to make one of these…but I'm still pondering.

~ Sarah

4. **** April **** says:

I am SO lovin' seeing these. I have this bookmarked and on my "to do" list! :)

5. Purtty sure my idea is not original, BUT I will link up Saturday with ours for the girls rooms, YM "Values" & Faith in God "Achievements". Loving the burlap, but it makes my nose sooooo itchy :( another suggestion?

6. Kimmie @ live fancy. says:

Your mom is a genius. I am SO making this as a gift! Thank you (and her) for the awesome inspiration. I will be sure to link back when I finish making it! :)

7. I really like this. This is one of my "have to do" projects. Thanks for sharing.

8. Lil' Woman says:

I saw a Family Rules ceramic plate while at Cracker Barrel the other day and thought of you.

9. Julie Harward says:

I love it…great idea…just love you! Come say hi 😀

10. Ok now I don't know which one to do :) I have all the stuff and haven't started it yet – now I'm leaning this way! lol! Thank you for sharing this one!

11. i love this.
    simple, yet great messages and colors!

12. That's a fantastic idea!

I've been playing with burlap all because of you :) I posted some on my blog, I'll try to link up on Saturday, depending on what time the party starts 😉 I have to go to my mother in laws….

13. PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

This is too cute!
    Fabulous idea!

14. Great idea! I cant wait to make my family rules! I think Im also going to make separate ones for each of my girls…more like behavior rules!

15. This is so pretty!

16. I love the rules one AND this one!! So cute!

17. Wow everyone is so creative..

Happy Thursday..

I have something for you on my blog today..

keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2010/02/fabulousblogtastichappiness.html

18. That is adorable! Makes me want one! :o)

19. So cute! I think I like the concept a teeny tiny bit more than Rules….

20. Braley Mama says:

That is so cute!!!! Where does one buy burlap????

21. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

Great idea, Jen! I could see using "inspiration" {which I see here}, "creativity", all those kinds of words for a home office or craft or sewing room.

22. Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful says:

So cute! I have a little saying that my grandfather taught me that I've been wanting to make into something like this. Thanks for the inspiration!

23. That's really neat. Thanks for remembering all of us Empty Nesters out here…

24. This is such a great idea! Thank you for passing it along to us!

Thanks for thinking about those of us with empty nests!

Sue

26. Love this project. How can I find the tutorial? I Got My Face On yesterday. It was fun thanks.

27. Jenglamgirl says:

I really like the spin on the canvas! love the words to live by! this is great!

28. So loving this… I want one for my office at work and my crafice (craft-office) at home. I bought all the stuff for the Family Rules but never got around to it. This applies more to us since we have no kids yet. Thanks for sharing

29. I love it! I need an empty wall badly to have one of these!!

~Becca

30. adorable! tfs!

31. I have been wanting to make this since forever- and i can't for summer to get here so i can find time to hunt down the perfect paper!

32. Jaime @ Our Journey says:

Love it! Can't wait to make one of my own!