Do you go through periods where you are super inspired to do projects and then other periods where you feel burned out and don’t want to do anything?? I do. Yesterday I felt super inspired. And I am an impatient crafter. When the feeling strikes, I dig around and find whatever is in my cupboards to make a project.
So I went out in my garage “stash” and found some grapevine wreaths from the Dollar Store. I decided to use the small size. Then I found some black and white pinstripe material. And I crafted up a quick summer wreath with things I had laying around.
Here’s what I did:
- I cut a long piece of the pinstripe fabric 2 inches wide.
- Then I wrapped it around the grapevine wreath. I wrapped it pretty tightly and overlapped it so that it was pretty cushy with material.
- I secured the end with my trusty glue gun.
- Then I took the material and cut a long strip that was 4 inches wide. And I folded it in half and ironed it so it was flat. So now the material is 2 inches wide with a closed end.
- I folded the material in pleats, into a flower shape and hot glued in between the pleats. Then I hot glued the flower onto my wreath.
- I did the same thing to make two smaller flowers, except instead of a folded 2 inch width, I cut a 2 inch section of fabric and then folded and ironed it so that the folded width was 1 inch.
- Then I glued those two fabric flowers on each side of the bigger flower.
- I covered two big buttons with fabric and attached them to the smaller flowers.
- Then I hot glued a star fish to the bigger flower.
I have a project in mind that I think will be perfect. I’ll work on it today. You know when you finish a project and it just doesn’t feel complete. That’s how I feel about the mantel. I need to work on that last element.
So until then, here’s my partially finished Summer Mantel 🙂