Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs – a zesty twist on traditional deviled eggs!
Easter’s coming up and one of our traditions has always been Deviled Eggs! They are so creamy and delicious. A couple of weeks ago I partnered with Avocados From Mexico to come up with TEN guacamole Recipes. I love a challenge! It was a really fun campaign and there were SO many yummy avocado recipes shared. I came up with a spin on traditional Deviled Eggs with a spicy twist — Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs!
Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs are just as creamy as their traditional deviled egg counterparts, but the avocado gives it an even creamier texture, combined with cayenne pepper and topped with sliced jalapeno peppers. This is a dish that will be the hit of spring! Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs – a zesty twist on traditional deviled eggs!
Here the easy and refreshingly zesty recipe for Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs – a zesty twist on traditional deviled eggs!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 1/2 Tbs. mayo (I used olive oil mayo)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced and de-seeded
- cilantro and cayenne pepper to garnish
- Note – if you are using a flat plate, I cut the very end of each egg white cup so they would stand up. If you are using an egg plate you don’t need to do this.
- In a medium bowl, add the yolks, avocado, mayo and spices.
- Mash it all together until it is smooth. You can use a food processor to do this or a fork.
- Spoon filling into a pastry bag or a zip-lock baggie and cut an end off.
- Pipe the filling into each each egg white.
- Top with jalapeno slice and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
And a couple of notes about the recipe —
Note – if you are using a flat plate, I cut the very end of each egg white cup so they would stand up. If you are using an egg plate you don’t need to do this.
Note – This make more filling than you will need. But you can refrigerate the additional filling and it is wonderful on toast!
Here are a couple of other brunch recipes we love to make that would also be perfect for Easter brunch:
15 Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes
Lemon Balsamic Roasted Asparagus
Churro Waffles with Dulche de leche sauce
Have a beautiful day!
This post was not sponsored. But I did do a sponsored campaign on Instagram and you can see all of the amazing avocado recipes by following the #GuacWorld hashtag!
DIY Home Sweet Home says
I love deviled eggs!! These sound amazing. I can’t wait to try them.
I think you will love them! Let me know! xoxox