We had a local gelato shop right down the hill from our house. It was a favorite place to go after soccer practices and with my girlfriends for a treat. I was so sad when it closed down a couple of years ago. So when Mom It Forward and Breyers contacted us and asked us to give the new Breyers Gelato Indulgences a try, we were excited! We had a gelato tast-testing party and I created an easy “fancy” desert that would be fun to impress your special someone for date night! A Pumpkin Caramel Gelato Cookies Cups!
So the other night the kids and I had a little “date night” and sampled some of the flavors. It was really surprising – we all had a different favorite.
Hannah picked the Breyers Gelato Indulgences Strawberry Truffle with huge dark chocolate truffles on top, Ella’s favorite was Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate with dark chocolate swirls and mine was the Breyers Gelato Indulgences Chocolate Caramel. The Breyers Gelato Indulgences flavors come in a clear container and you can see the pretty toppings and sauces through the lid. We loved the different combinations of toppings, sauces and gelatos. Every flavor has a different combination!
They are all different and so good!
We also tried the Breyers Gelato Indulgences Raspberry Cheesecake and Breyers Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate. So yummy!
The Breyers Gelato Indulgences gelatos are amazing on their own, but I thought it would be fun to make a little recipe to go along with my favorite – Breyers Gelato Indulgences Chocolate Caramel – so here’s a little fall dessert you can make!
Pumpkin Caramel Gelato Cookie Cups!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (3.4 ounce pacake) vanilla instant pudding
- also a pudding cup tray if you want to make the cookies into cookie cups. Or you can use the recipe to make cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Grease cookie cup sheet or plain baking sheet with non-stick spray
- In large bowl, mix the butter and sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Next mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnomon, vanilla and instant pudding mix.
- Mix it all together.
- If making cookie cups – bake for 5-7 minutes.
- If making cookies, roll into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
To make the cookie cups, I used a cookie cup pan. But if you don’t have one or don’t want to buy one, you can bake the cookies and put the gelato on top and it will be just as good!!
We also watched my favorite “date-night” movie – Serendipity. Do you have a favorite romantic movie? Let me know in the comments! I am always looking for a new movie to watch!!
You can buy Breyers Gelato Indulgences at your local grocery store – they retail for a suggested price between $4.49 and $5.99. Check out all eight flavors – all with yummy flavors, toppings and sauces:
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Vanilla Caramel
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Raspberry Cheesecake
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Tiramisu
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Cappuccino
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Strawberry Truffle
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Chocolate Caramel
Have a Delicious Day!
Thanks Breyers Gelato Indugences and Mom It Forward for the yummy “date night”. This is a sponsored post but all ideas and opinions are mine.
Oh my goodness that looks so delicious Jen!!!! YUM!
The kids and I loved them!!
Anele @ Success Along the Weigh says
We tried the vanilla caramel as the “a la mode” for my apple pie and WOW!! I’m not a vanilla ice cream person but their commercial was so funny (I’m a grown up!) we decided to give it a try. For a second, I thought you meant they made pumpkin gelato at which point I would’ve exploded because…pumpkin. I suspect you could fold in some canned pumpkin to the vanilla and be pretty close though. Hmmm! 🙂
I was super impressed with their gelato. It was so yummy!! I haven’t seen the commercial. I will go watch it!!
Jen, this is so beautiful! I must try those. I see this type of things all the time all over the web but never find time to actually do them. So many good ideas, so little time 🙂
I agree! If you ever are at the store, you should pick one up. They are so yummy. I’ve loved every flavor that we have tried!