I’m Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie.com and I just LOVE Jen so much~ she’s such an amazing person, as you all know! I’m so thrilled to be here at TT&J for the Happy Holidays Event.
I’ve brought a simple to make holiday classic with me… Pecan Caramel Turtles. Oh my goodness. They’re wonderful and will please everyone on your ‘nice’ list this year.
- 27 pecan halves
- 9 squares of caramel
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 C semi-sweet chocolate
- sheet parchment paper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Evenly spread pecans on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven 5-6 minutes or until lightly toasted and aromatic; stirring gently once.
- Remove from oven and arrange pecans in clusters of three, with tips facing each other.
- Place 1 caramel square on the center of each cluster.
- Bake just until melted, approx 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips- I use the microwave.
- In a small microwave safe bowl place chocolate chips and oil, microwave 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave 15 seconds more; stirring until smooth.
- Repeat one more time if needed.
- Place a teaspoon on melted chocolate on top of each cluster, swirling the top off to finish.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips in the same manor above; using a fork- drizzle in a back and forth motion across clusters.
- Allow to cool to set.
Enjoy even MORE holiday deliciousness with some of our other family favorites…
I hope all your Holidays are Merry and Bright!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie
Thanks Ruthie! I just love her too! She’s a dear friend, and as you can see, an amazing cook too! Make sure you visit