I partnered with DreamWorks Animation Television to create this fun cake pop idea to celebrate the release of the family-friendly series Tales of Arcadia: 3Below now streaming on Netflix.
Alien Dog Cake Pops and Tales of Acadia: 3Below Family Show! Make these cake pops and watch the new family-friendly DreamWorks Animation series now on Netflix.
Family-Friendly Animated Series
My step daughter is 10 and sometimes we struggle to find television programs that we all can watch together. So when I heard of a series that is fun and interesting for kids of all ages, I was excited to check it out. Tales of Acadia: 3Below is an epic, hilarious computer-animated television series produced by DreamWorks Animation, created by Guillermo del Toro and is a spin-off of Trollhunters, which my teenage girls loved.
3 Below Plot
In 3Below, two royal aliens — Aja and Krel, plus their bodyguard Vex and their alien puppy Luug — escape from their home planet and crash-land on Earth, in the city of Arcadia. There, the alien teens, their bodyguard and their dog have to adjust to human culture and try to fix their spaceship to return and take back their home planet, which is being taken over by an evil dictator. The series was just released on Netflix and it’s the perfect series to watch together over the holiday break!
Make Alien Dog Oreo Pops
We watched the first couple episodes yesterday and created some fun little cake pops that go along with the series. We love animals and the dog Luug in 3Below is so cute. Like the aliens, he has an alien form and a human form. We thought it would be fun to create cake pops that represent his alien form, with purple skin, and antennas!
Watch the 3 Below Trailer
Here’s the fun trailer! Be sure to check it out.
Here’s How to Make Oreo Pop Dogs
Oreo Pops are fun to make. Over the years we have created many different animals. It’s a fun project to do with kids! They love creating animals and using their imaginations!
12 Double Stuff Oreos
12 lollipop sticks (you can find these in the baking aisle of your grocery store)
White melting chocolate
1/2 cup coconut oil (in solid form, kind of the consistency of shortening)
3-4 purple Laffy Taffy candies
Small Purple candies (or you can also use the same purple laffy taffy candies to shape into round balls for the nose.
Black and blue icing
Directions to Make Oreo Pop Dogs
- Melt the white chocolate according to directions.
- Add the coconut oil and mix until it melts into the chocolate.
- Dip the end of each lollipop stick in white chocolate, then insert the end into the middle of the Double Stuff Oreo. This will make the Oreo stay on the lollipop stick.
- Add food coloring to the white melted chocolate. We used purple food coloring.
- Hold each Oreo over the chocolate and spoon the chocolate over the top until it is completely covered. Let the excess drip off back into the bow.
- Put each Oreo pop on a sheet of parchment paper.
- While the cake pops dry, create the antennas. Cut each Laffy Taffy into small strips. Use your fingers to manipulate each cut piece into a thin rope of taffy with a small round top.
- Insert the antennas into the Oreo pops. If they have a hard time going in, poke a little hole in the top and put an antenna in each hole. Use the leftover chocolate to fill the holes and set the antennas.
- Add the small purple candies in the top center of each Oreo Pop.
- Add back eyeballs with the black frosting.
- Add blue frosting over the top for the top of the eyes.
- Add the dog’s mouth with black frosting. I dipped a small paintbrush in the black frosting. You can also use frosting pens that make very small lines and that would work great too!
We are so excited to watch the rest of the 3 Below: Tales of Acadia series. It’s the perfect thing to do together over the holiday break!