Recently my mom came to visit and brought me this super easy recipe – it’s perfect when you have unexpected guests!
It’s super easy to make – you can make the homemade curd if you have time, or just grab some from the grocery store.
Here’s what to do:
Here’s the recipe for the homemade lemon curd:
- 4 large lemons
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove the lemon zest from each lemon with a zester or vegetable peeler. (Stay away from the white part – it’s bitter!)
- Squeeze all the lemons and put the juice aside.
- Put the zest in a food processor and add the sugar.
- Run the food processor for two minutes or so until the zest is finely minced.
- Using an electric mixer (use the paddle, not the whisk), cream the butter with the lemon/sugar mix.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing as you go.
- Add the lime juice and salt.
- Mix all until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low/medium heat, stirring constantly. It should take about 10 minutes to thicken.
To make the parfaits:
Mix two cups of Greek yogurt with two tablespoons of lemon curd.
Divide the mixture between 6 dessert bowls.
Garnish with fruit and serve.