$2 Simple Valentine’s Day Pipe Cleaner Heart Centerpiece
I have always loved remaking dollar store finds. I’ve been making inexpensive items over for ten years and it’s so fun!! I had some left over pipe cleaners from my Pipe Cleaner Heart Wreath, I thought it would be fun to make a little centerpiece with them!
I found this heart vase at Dollar Tree. It already had the hearts all over it – quite a steal for a dollar!
Here’s how I made this simple $2 Valentine’s Day Pipe Cleaner Centerpiece:
Vase ( I found this heart vase for $1)
20-25 pipe cleaners
Glass Rocks (optional)
- Take full-length pipe cleaners and bend them in half.
- Then take one half of the pipe cleaner and bend that half into a heart shape.
- Take the end of the heart and wrap it around the heart at the point where it is bent in half.
- Straighten out the stem and put it in vase.
- Do this with all 20-25 pipe cleaners.
- Optional – you can put clear or colored rocks in the bottom of the vase to give it more color. OR – there were red and pink colored rocks at Dollar Tree that would be cute at the bottom of the vase.
- Tie a ribbon around the vase and VOILA you have a beautiful centerpiece and unlike flowers, this centerpiece can be used for years!
Now you have a simple centerpiece for your table or to put on a shelf or mantel in your home!
Here are the other Valentine’s Day projects I made from my Dollar Tree finds this year.
I wrapped pipe cleaners around a $1 heart dollar store wreath form and made hearts on the end for a whimsical pipe cleaner heart wreath!
And here are a few other projects I’ve made using Dollar Store items over the years:
This was one of my most popular projects of all time –
Another super popular tutorial:
I took dollar hot glued clear marbles on scrapbook paper in XOXO shapes and framed them in Dollar Store frames.
This is a dollar store tray that I decoupaged and sprayed with varnish and then I screwed drawer handles on the sides to serve as tray handles.
I wrapped burlap around plastic napkin rings and embellished each with sheer ribbon and a fancy button.
Another dollar store frame project. I printed out letters on vinyl and attached each one to a different scrapbook paper and then framed them all to say SUMMER.
Have a CREATIVE day!