When we were at Michaels the other day, the girls talked me into this FUN Whoopie Pie Pan:
We were excited to go home and make some yummy creations!
I have been spending the week being creative each day with the Michaels and the Cre8time blogger challenge –and baking is not my usual creative thing. So I thought it would be a fun way to be more creative.
Immediately I thought of Lemon and Raspberries – two of my favorites for Spring!!
And to make it easier, I made the whoopie pies with a cake mix. Semi-homemade, right??
Here’s how we made our Easy Lemon Whoopie Pies with Fresh Raspberry Filling- yum!
To make the Whoopie Pies:
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 tablespoons of freshlemon zest
- Make the cake mix according to the directions.
- Spray the whoopie pie pan with non-stick spray, fill each indentation 1/2 full with the cake mix.
- If you don’t have a whoopie pie pan, use a cookie sheet. Line the sheet with parchment paper. Then spoon small spoonfuls onto the parchment. The batter will spread, so little spoonfuls work best.
- Bake the whoopie pies in your oven at 350 for 10 minutes. Don’t overbake.
- Take out of the oven and let cool until completely cool.
6 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar , sifted
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 jar (about 7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
Share YOUR ideas with the Cre8Time community.
Get inspired by others’ easy-to-make projects!!
Have a Creative Day!
PS — Speaking of “creative”,
the Weekend Wrap Up Party is coming up tonight.
I LOVE featuring YOU.
I hope you can stop by for the fun.
The party starts at 6 pm MST.