I hope you are having a wonderful day with your loved ones!! Today I am thankful for so many things, including this wonderful blog world.
Here’s how you make the wreath:
- Start by wrapping your wreath form with the yarn. Keep it tight and even. The bulkier the yarn, the faster this step will be.
- Take your felt and make some felt flowers. I searched “felt flower tutorial”on pinterest and came up with an amazing selection of tutorials to make all sorts of flowers, from simple to uber-complex. My favorite came from A Pumpkin and a Princess (A Pumpkin and Princess)
These flowers were so simple to make that I am making them as bows for all my Christmas presents this year!
- I embellished the flowers with the gray pearls and rhinestones to add some Christmas bling.
- I added a little glitter cardinal bird left over from my Advent Calendar. This project is great because you can add little embellishments that are left over from other projects.
- Hang your wreath with a ribbon and you are all set!
A simple, but impressive Cozy Felt Christmas Wreath!
HINT - Since the placement of the felt flowers makes this wreath lopsided, I used a leftover Command Strip to hold the wreath straight on my door. I just placed it at the bottom point of the wreath, between the back of the wreath and the door!
Check out these other fun wreaths Ashley has made lately:
And if you are in the Bay Area – check out Ashley’s Boutique – Flaunt in Danville, CA.
It is the ultimate in casual cool.