Summer Project — Houndstooth Pedicures!!

With four girls in our household, we are into all of the glitz and frilliness that go along with being girly. One of our favorite parts of Summer are pedicures!! We love giving each other pedicures and inviting our friends over for them too!

When Beckie was out filming our webshow this weekend, she mentioned a new (to me) product — nail polish strips. I immediately had to buy some to try with my girls. The brand that I tried was Sally Hansen Salon Effects. I love all of the different patterns and colors that are available in this line.

PLUS, they are so easy to apply. The strips stick to your nails and you don’t even have to wait for them to dry. Genius!! Beckie said that hers had been on for two weeks and they still looked awesome!!

I bought the Houndstooth pattern, just my style!
So yesterday Ella and I experimented with them. This is what we did:

1. Make sure your nails are clean and dry.

2. Hold the stips up to your nails and decide which size will work best.

3. Peel off the clear plastic coating, and then the white backing.

4. Place the strip right up next to the cuticle of your nail and then stretch it slightly so it really grabs the nail. Then trim the excess.

5. Do this to all the nails. Then come back and use the pink nail file (which is provided) and Shape the strips to fit the nail exactly.

And you are done!!
In 15 minutes I had a pedicure that didn’t have to dry. And it has a really cool pattern too!
And another company that has cool nail patterns is Jamberry Nails.

Here are some other great pedicure ideas:

• You can always have a Glitter toes Party like we did. One of my favorite posts of all time :)

**In case you were wondering, I wasn’t paid to write this post. I just thought this was a really cool product :)
Have a Fantastic Friday!!

PS — I just found out that today you can get nail shields for FREE if you sign up at  Save More. They have 40 different patterns to choose from. Such a great deal!!

xoxox
PPS — It’s almost time for the Weekend Wrap Up Party!! I am SO excited to see YOUR ideas. The party starts at 6 pm {MST} tonight!!

Comments

1. How cute are all those toes! I love looking at them!

2. Melissa says:

I saw this stuff at Sam's Club the other day! Just out of curiosity… how long do they last??

3. Krishna says:

So fun…we need that for football season around here! Roll Tide!

So fun! Makes me wish I had a little girl to do pedicures with…I'm pretty sure my boys would protest sparkly toes:)

5. makemyselfathome says:

So cute! I use the 1-minute, 1-coat stuff on my 2-year-old's toes, & sometimes THAT isn't short enough! I love that these never have to wait to set. Would it be too time-consuming for her to sit still for though? Plus, I'm wondering if her toes are just too tiny for this. Thoughts? Maybe I should just buy a package for myself to try out & see if it'd work for her.

6. Vivienne @ the V Spot says:

Hey, I just clicked on that Save More deal, and because I was a new customer they gave me $10 credit. I bout the 3 for $15 and it only cost me $5! Thanks Jen!

7. Vivienne @ the V Spot says:

A friend of mine who does hair said that they have held up for 3 weeks on her fingers and almost 4 on her toes. She has her hands in and out of water all day too!

8. Adorable!!! I don't think I've seen these before, definitely have to get some! Thanks for sharing! :)

9. Bellenza Wedding Bistro says:

Wouldn't these be a fabulous "activity" for a 'tweener's birthday party?! (or maybe even a fun bridal shower, lol)

10. Ang @ Sparkles and Bugs says:

Oh so Fun!! We just prettied up our toes at my house, these look like fun ideas too, gotta try!

I'm spreading the word about my upcoming Fitness Challenge on my blog. It's starts August 15th Anybody looking to get a little healthier and make fitness a habit is welcome to join. I hope you'll check it out, the more people the more fun!!
    Thanks!
    (love your blog) :)

11. Oh Jen these look SOO fun!!!

12. Kristy@MyPretties says:

Oh. Em. Gee. Houndstooth! Just in time for football season! Roll Tide! Thanks for sharing!

13. Lindsay says:

I am obsessed w/ the Sally Hansen strips! I've done blue, metallic and zebra. The zebra lasted the full 10 days before they started chipping. So, so cute!

14. We got them at Walmart last week! So easy and fun!

15. PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

So stinkin cute!!

16. Huggs and Kisses xo says:

Too Cute! I love the Houndstooth!!
    Thought I would share…over @ The Krazy Coupon Lady when you use this link to her website…http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2011/07/28/free-decorative-nail-shields-act-fast/ ….click on the link she has and when you sign up with SaveMore you can get a set of these FREE! I just got ordered them.

Have a great weekend!!

xo
    Johanna

17. Denissa says:

Super cute Jen!! I just took off the Jamberry ones that I had on my toes. I've been a little obsessed w/ my nails lately..lol..So much that I just did 2 posts 2 days in a row about them! :)here is the link to my latest

Denissa

18. Rebecca D says:

My girlies LOVE these things… These and the K.I.S.S. french tips…

19. bridget {bake at 350} says:

Oh my gosh…those are so fun!!! Happy toes!!!

20. Christina says:

I LOVE this! I keep almost buying this, now I think I might!

21. Mrs. Myers says:

I just got the jamberry nails a couple of weeks ago, and they are the metallic ones like the bottom picture. I absolutely love them! I have them on my toes and they have lasted for two weeks so far and they look the same as the day I did it! I also get lots of comments on them!

22. Kimmie @ Sugar and Dots says:

I have SHNE in "Leopard" on my nails right now! I've been using them since May and I am ADDICTED! (Oh, and just FYI, the glitter Nail Effects are nearly impossible to remove with nail polish remover. I don't recommend any of the glitter packs!)

23. Oh my gosh! I LOVE these!!!!

katiejojod.blogspot.com

24. notyet100 says:

Luv the metallic nd the polka dot

25. Lorilee says:

That is SO AWESOME! I will have to look for them! I just saw a "crackle" nail polish while shopping at HEB Plus the other day. I may have to give it a try too!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

26. I love these new nail stickers! I have the floral on my toes and lace on my fingers! I like them much better on my toes though, they last a lot longer too!

27. Mrs Kirbie says:

I've used these for a quicky manicure and love them. I haven't tried them on my toes yet but I love that houndstooth pattern.

28. Miranda says:

Heck to the -yeah! I'm in love with those! Thanks for introducing them to us… too cool!

Miranda

29. Lizzy Mac says:

I did the zebra pattern just last week. Stayed on for about 8 days for me. Got lots of compliments!

30. ginger @ literally inspired says:

That is a great product! I am awful at paiting my toes. It looks like I did it with my eyes closed so something like this would be great! Thanks Jen for sharing! Looking forward to the Par-tay tonight!

31. kimzcouponz says:

Just love these!! I am going to be on the look out for them this weekend. Do they peel easily though?

32. Lisa @ Two Bears Farm says:

Those are wild!

33. C.R.A.F.T. says:

That is my kind of pedicure! My tie dye nails aer not nearly as simple! Thank you for featuring them :)

34. Randi~Dukes and Duchesses says:

The houndstooth is fantastic … my daughter would love it!

35. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says:

This is precisely why I need a few daughters! I could go all rockstar and paint my sons' nails, but I think the hubs would kill me…lol…{plus I can barely clip their nails without a fight}

Love that houndstooth.

36. Ashley J says:

These are so darling!!! LOVE THEM! I am going to have to try them soon!

xoxo, Ashley J @ mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com

37. I just read about these over at IC and now here, too. I am definitely going to look for these at the drugstore. I'm sure your girls had a ball doing their pedicures and they'll love showing off their toes to their friends!

38. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

I had to click on your title to read this post, Jen! Leave it to you to have a Houndstooth pedicure! :) I have never heard of these, but I plan on looking for them today when I do my drugstore supply shop. Not only do they look like fun, but I would love to cut down on drying and denting time! And, it just so happens my nails {hands and feet} are on the schedule for this weekend! Thanks for the info!

39. Sound Schooling says:

My daughter would love these. They're so cute.

1. […] Last year we tried Houndstooth Nails: […]

2. […] year we made Houndstooth Pedicures which were very graphic and […]

3. […] lots of people to thank for this post… Annie (these are her nails and her tutorial!), Jen @ Tatortots and Jello, and Pinterest! 5: I’m sew very happy freebie (22,559 page views, 9 […]