Michael’s Creative Crew Blogger Event!

A few weeks ago I was in Texas, as part of the Michaels Creative Crew. It was a whirwind two day trip filled  amazing information, fun, new friends and crafts galore!!
It was such an honor to be one of the bloggers at this fun event. And I think the thing I loved the most about this trip was getting to know the people behind the Michaels brand.
First of all, I have to say how impressed I am with the people behind Michaels. They are so genuine and they really care about their customers.
The first night we met and learned how to needle felt. I had never tried that before — I love it! Then we had a fabulous dinner at Gaylord Texan’s restaurant Zeppole — it was so delicious!
The design team is led by Jo Pearson, who has been with Michaels for 20 years. The next day we toured their work space. I LOVED seeing their design studio. What a dream job it would be to work there – I can only imagine!!!
One of the big things I learned is that Michaels has developed their own lines of products that are high quality but more affordable than other designer lines.

Michaels had tables set up with the different lines and crafts made by their design team at each table.
It was so inspiring seeing all of that creativity!!
Then we were treated to lunch at Jo’s house – it is incredible and deserves a blog post all of it’s own!
She has the most amazing studio!!
This is her yard! How cute is that turquoise trailer? I wanted to take it home with me!
Isn’t her home incredible?
Then we headed over to the Southlake Michaels store for my favorite part of the trip — crafting with the amazing Michaels Team and the other creative bloggers! We decorated cakes, made necklaces, cards, and these beautiful art journals with Kathy Kromer.
And made our own stamps with foam — I loved this so much!!
Every single thing about this event was so fun!!
Thank you Michaels for such a wonderful experience.
 I loved learning more about you and the people behind the scenes!!
I had such a fun time getting to know these ladies. They are all so creative and friendly.

The “Creative Crew”:

Amy from Amy Atlas Events, Jenn from Hostess with the Mostess, Amy from Living Locurto, Kari from UCreate, Alison from HowDoesShe, Cindy from Skip to My Lou, Kami from No Biggie, Kelly from Make Grow Gather, and Ashley from Make It and Love It.

Get to know Michaels:

Disclosure —  Michaels Craft Stores paid for my travel and accommodations. They did not require that I blog about this event — I am blogging about it because I was so impressed. All opinions are 100% mine.
And a BIG thank you to Empower Media Marketing who did an awesome job making this event happen.
Have a Fantastic Day!!!
xoxoxo

Comments

1. Nice ;).

2. Amy @ Living Locurto says:

Whoot! That was fun!! I reeaaallly wasn't as bored as I look in your photos here. ha! It was great seeing you again:-)

3. I love Michaels. That sounds like an awesome trip. Glad to have you back. I'm sure you had a wonderful time.

Ruth

4. Shanna @ Queen of the Castle(s) says:

What an awesome experience!! I <3 Michaels! :)

5. MaryJanes and Galoshes says:

I didn't know Michaels had a blog crew, how awesome! Looks like a blast.

Oh how fun! That is someone's house with the Chihuly like lighting?? I love the little trailer. What a great time you must have had!

7. Jennifer aka Scrappin' Aggie says:

Oh my stars! You were in my backyard in the Grapevine/Southlake area! Isn't the Gaylord gorgeous? I love that Michaels store and spend lots of time – and moolah (ssshh dont tell) – in it!

8. Betheny says:

I don't know which I'm more jelous of…the fact that you got to go on an awesome trip and meet all the great Michaels people or the fact that you got to meet Amy Atlas!!! She is such a HUGE inspiration to me {as are you}. So fun!

9. I am lucky enough to work for Michaels ~ every day i am inspired by new things.
    Looks like you gals had a blast!! I would love to meet Jo!!

10. Mel M. M. McCarthy says:

Ou, that looks like such fun. Needle felting and a great crowd. Fun to learn more about Michael's, thanks!

11. Lil Mama Stuart says:

wow, that's a blogging all star team right there!

12. Lil Mama Stuart says:

wow, that's a blogging all star team right there!

13. Jamielyn@Iheartnaptime says:

How fun! What a great group. I love Michaels! They have the best craft supplies! Can't wait to see you next week at EVO!

14. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

How fun! Jo's house does look amazing!!! It would be neat to have little trailers in the backyard! :)

15. How awesome! Looks like you had a great time! :)

16. kami @ nobiggie.net says:

It was so much fun! Michaels will always be my go to craft store, and I loved having a behind the scenes look!

Great recap Jen!

17. Um,WOW! What an awesome experience to be part of such an event.

18. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says:

Wow, what a fun opportunity! Looks like you had a great time! I'm jealous!

19. Laura @ Laura's Crafty Life says:

That looks like it was so much fun!

20. The Miller Five says:

What an insanely awesome trip. That is a crafter's dream trip. Thanks for sharing! I am a bit jealous. :)

21. what an incredible opportunity!! It looks like so much fun! and personal stamps out of foam…what a great idea!!

22. what an incredible opportunity!! It looks like so much fun! and personal stamps out of foam…what a great idea!!

23. Lulu Lane Designs says:

Seriously jealous too!!!! So wish that I could do something fun like that!

24. InMyOwnStyle says:

Hi Jen-

Looks and sounds like a fun event. My husband thinks I am always there as I am always saying to him as I walk out of the house that "I'm just going run over Michaels" to pick up supplies. I am so happy that there is one near my home. Thanks for sharing your day with us.
    My best- Diane

Sounds like an awesome trip! Her house is amazing….I love the ceiling in the bottom right picture!

26. Wendys Hat says:

I'm totally jealous! How fun!

1. […] met Amy at the Michael’s Creative Crew weekend last year. And she is so sweet in real […]