Porch Makeover Part 2 — make a 10 minute pillow cover out of cloth napkins!

The sun is out and I love looking at my freshened up front porch. Yesterday I showed you my Chevron Frame Door Hanging {with Washi Tape}:
And today I want to show you a 10 minute pillow you can make out of napkins!

Take two cloth napkins. I found mine at Target.
If you can find a pillow form that’s the same size as the pillow, all you do is sew around the edges of the napkins, with the napkin outside facing toward each other. Then turn it right side out. Leave one seam open so you can insert your pillow form. Or, you can also stuff it with cotton batting material.
I cut out some Heat Transfer material letters that spell HELLO and ironed them on the pillow cover. Another fun idea would be to print out your HOUSE NUMBER!
I also took a 6 foot length of ribbon and sewed a big running stitch down one end of the ribbon and gathered it.
Then I wrapped it around until it made a flower and then I sewed it onto the front of the pillow cover. Then I took a scrapbooking fabric brad and used some fabric glue to glue that in the middle of the flower.
Then insert the pillow form or stuff it with cotton batten. Once the pillow is stuffed, then pin the seam together with the edges folded under. You can sew the seam shut or use hot glue. And if you want to wash the pillow cover, you can use velcro strips to close the seam and that way you can open it up and take the pillow cover or batting out and wash the cover.
I love how my new pillow brightens up my bench!
I took another matching napkin and put it on top of my little side table and then I also took a little striped gray Ikea platter and attached a doily and another brad to the center and added that too.  I love the yellow and gray/black theme on my porch!
And I have a fun surprise for you tomorrow.
Something to help YOU makeover YOUR front door or outdoor space!!
PS — Have you heard about the NEW Creative Conference — SNAP? It’s going to be held next year 2012 and I am so excited about it!!

Comments

1. so cute!

2. Jake&TayB says:

Gosh, I am obsessed with your blog!! SO adorable!! I know have a list of crafts I will be making!

3. Hani@Craftionary says:

those are such cute projects.. :)
    Hani

4. Katie's Nesting Spot says:

Your pillow is absolutely stunning!

5. I LOVE it!! Out of napkins?! That is my kind of craft! Will be restraining myself from running to Target this weekend to snatch up some of that lovely yellow print too, excellent choice.

The porch is overall amazing! Great job! :)

Erin
    LTC

6. DieselMonkey says:

Brilliant!

Oh how I miss Target…well the real Target anyway. I'll have to hunt down some cute napkin ( need napkins too). The yellow is so springy.

7. I love how your porch looks. This is a cute and quick idea.

Ruth

8. PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

I love it!!!

9. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

I love your entryway Jen!!! The pillow and wreath/frame are so pretty and perfect for Spring!! I swear everytime you make something I think, "I need that." haha. ;)

10. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

Pretty napkins, Jen! They make for a nice porch pillow!

11. Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top says:

Ahhhh how cute, Jen!!!!! I just adore your creativity. :)

12. Object of Maya*ffection says:

Jen~
    LOVE your warm and welcoming front porch – looks FAB!! CLEVER turning napkins into a pillow cover!

13. Jennifer Rodriguez says:

So stinking cute!! Love the porch space..

I finally tried cutting fabric with my Pazzle – I'll have to try the "hello" applique!

And I'm very, very excited about SNAP!

14. Tracy Rogers says:

wow! those are way cute & clever :)

15. I love your porch! It's so inviting.

16. i am obsessed with gray and yellow and white combo right now!!!!!

love your front porch! that bench is to die for!!!

17. I love your front porch. The pillow is so cute and I love the lettering on it. I'm excited for the new conference and can't wait to hear more about it.

18. Jen I LOVE it :) Its a great contrast against your black door!!

19. SOSO creative!! I keep hearing about your FAB blog through the grapevine of other bloggers and..I'm hooked! Now following and cant wait to browse more fun creative posts!

20. Jayna Rae says:

Really cute! I really need to spruce up my porch area.

21. Amy @ Positively Splendid says:

Love it, Jen! We must be on the same wavelength, because I'm doing all of my outdoor decor in that greeny yellow, coral and grey! :)

22. Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants says:

Very cute, I am getting a little yellow crazed as well! I have used napkins for years as pillow covers. I have a lab that likes to eat pillows, a very inexpensive, fast and easy way for me to fix them up!

23. I don't know if I'd make it past your quaint little bench and beautiful pillow! I might just plop myself down right there and make myself at home!
    Thanks for sharing…it's beautiful!
    Cheers!
    Theresa

24. live by the sun, luv by the moon says:

Super cute! Haven't been feelin' crafy lately but this sunny yellow h-e-l-l-o has put me in the mood…just might have to try this one for myself!

25. Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life says:

I'm in the middle of moving and you get me so excited to decorate…Especially the spring pillows…

26. What an adorable idea!! The wind would take it away on my porch ;)

27. Very cute! :)

Your porch look so cute! I love making pillow out of fun stuff like napkins and placemats:) And the polka dot flower is suc a great finishing touch! Great job Jen! I hope you are having an awesome week!

29. I love the color of that bench,,the yellow really pops,,beautiful

30. That is too cute!!! Your front porch looks so pretty- I love the colors.

31. angie @ the cellar door stories says:

love the pillow ~ very cute!! i'm planning to make a pillow with my house number when i do my front porch redo!

32. I think that I want to just hang out on your front porch…so if you see me there, don't be alarmed. :)
    I just love your style!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Jenn

33. Connie the crafterbug says:

Super cute! I love the colors!
    Connie