Neighbor Gift Idea — Make Burlap & Chalkboard Gift Bags!!

I have a fast, inexpensive, easy project to share that would be really fun to make as neighbor gifts this year.

These little bags can be customized to fit any size gift that you can image:
  • Wine or Sparkling Cider with a little tag that says “Wishing you a Sparkling Holiday Season!”
  • Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks.
  • Dollar Store Peppermints.
  • Even gift cards.
And the painted chalkboard labels that you make are great because the bag can be used again and again!

My project was chosen by Krylon to featured on the front page of Your Holiday Style – one of their sites dedicated to sharing cool spray painted holiday projects. So fun!!  You can click below to go over and check out my tutorial.   yhs They also have some other great holiday projects you can download and save for later submitted by some of your very favorite crafters from a little group that I am part of called Crafterminds.

Heather from Dollar Store Crafts: Sweet Apothecary Jar

Amy from Mod Podge Rocks: Holiday Gift Card Tinhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d-0RmmAdars/TP6Uyn3RgpI/AAAAAAAADCc/0jMV6TSJ8e4/s400/Krylon+Gift+Card+Holder.jpg
Beckie from Infarrantly Creative: Time Capsule OrnamentsIMG_1679
Check out Your Holiday Style and see all of the easy, inexpensive, quick Christmas ideas.

yhs

And upload YOUR spray painted projects!!!
I hope you are having a great week!!

Comments

1. I love this! Really, love. What if I admitted to not having any burlap here? Would you hate me and call me nasty names? I have never used it very much. A couple times. But this is tempting me…big time! I think this is the cutest way to do a neighbor gift. I think my neighbors would burn my house down if I didn't do sugar cookies. But maybe I could do this for my husband's co-workers or something. I am vowing to buy burlap though. Just for you!

2. kristy.lynn says:

what a totally cute idea! thanks for sharing!

Well you just put my little snowflaked cello bags to shame! I'm glad my friends can't see what you give your neighbors:) These are darling!

4. SOooooooooooo cute. :)

5. Adorable. As usual.

6. Love them!! SO cute :)

7. I love the burlap bags! I think I just found my mass-gift idea <3

Thanks!

8. Stephanie says:

Checked out your tutorial, you are a genius. Those are really cute and such a nice gift to give. Great job!

9. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

This is a super adorable idea! I love that it can be used again and again for various things. :)

10. EmilyLauren says:

What a great idea…I wasn't planning on giving neighbors gifts but this is the perfect little sentiment to let them know we are thinking of them! I can't wait to make them—we have many bottles of bubbly leftover from our wedding so this gift seems like a no-brainer! Thank you for inspiring me on a daily basis!

11. Admitted Fabricaholic says:

seriously cute gift bag!

12. Diane {Created by Diane} says:

Everyone wishes they were YOUR neighbor :)

13. Love this! Wish I were your neighbor :)

Jen those bags are too cute! I'm guessing you used chalkboard spray paint?!? Headed over to check out your tutorial now:)

15. Thanks for this!

I have posted my first giveaway on my blog and would really like if you and any who follow you could enter. It is a gift card and I think would be useful for all.

16. I cannot figure out this email thing. I used to be able to make webpages from straight HTML at age 13… how did I get so clueless? haha!

17. Lilianna Grace says:

Too cute! I am in blog heaven with all these cute ideas!

18. The gift bag idea is too cute! I wish I knew my neighbors! <3 (just moved!)

xoXOxo